shum1614
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
where do i start off with anatomy ? what is the first thing i go over becuase all of it is quite overwhelming , like all of a sudden i have to know what x y and z arteries in the scalp -- i have began studying anatomy starting with the head and working my way down the body, what is your tip on studying anatomy for the first time ?
SweetSummerx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shum1614)
where do i start off with anatomy ? what is the first thing i go over becuase all of it is quite overwhelming , like all of a sudden i have to know what x y and z arteries in the scalp -- i have began studying anatomy starting with the head and working my way down the body, what is your tip on studying anatomy for the first time ?
Draw diagrams, colour code with arteries, veins, muscles and bones etc. Most importantly give yourself time, don’t try and rush learn as anatomy and stress really don’t mix
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What stage are you at? Your post makes it sound like you're trying to self-teach. Some clarification would be helpful
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Learn what the different body regions and planes are called.
Then learn how to refer to a part of the body in those terms.

Have a printout on a wall or noticeboard which you'll see often to help you think about it.
Marathi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ANKI is great for anatomy. There is an extension (https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1374772155) which allows you to mask images in ANKI which is how I learn anatomy.

Here's a guide/tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pU9L0XybyI&
shum1614
Rep:
?
(Original post by Democracy)
What stage are you at? Your post makes it sound like you're trying to self-teach. Some clarification would be helpful
Yeah I’m teaching myself - I’m on my gap year and I kinda wanna begin early tbh for 1st year of med
shum1614
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marathi)
ANKI is great for anatomy. There is an extension (https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1374772155) which allows you to mask images in ANKI which is how I learn anatomy.

Here's a guide/tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pU9L0XybyI&
Thank you !
(Original post by SweetSummerx)
Draw diagrams, colour code with arteries, veins, muscles and bones etc. Most importantly give yourself time, don’t try and rush learn as anatomy and stress really don’t mix
Thank you
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Download the "teachmeanatomy' app on ios/android Or use their website
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
use a colouring book for anatomy so you can label and colour code parts
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I’m teaching myself - I’m on my gap year and I kinda wanna begin early tbh for 1st year of med
Okay there's your problem. You don't need to do this - everything will be taught in a systematic way, so don't worry about that. There is no benefit in trying to teach yourself before starting the course. Enjoy your gap year :yy:
shum1614
Rep:
?
(Original post by Democracy)
Okay there's your problem. You don't need to do this - everything will be taught in a systematic way, so don't worry about that. There is no benefit in trying to teach yourself before starting the course. Enjoy your gap year :yy:
It’ll just make it easier won’t it ?
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’ll just make it easier won’t it ?
No. It just means the few months before you start the course have been spent feeling overwhelmed (your word!) and unnecessarily pressurised. No prior knowledge is assumed; they will start with the absolute basics and go from there.
jzdzm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think Democracy is right - it will male so much more sense when you're learning it in the context of physiology etc as well, so why make it more difficult for yourself by starting now when you don't need to.

Imo the most useful thing you can do on a gap year is practise talking to people from as wide a variety of backgrounds as possible and just find out about them and their opinions on things, the challenges they have in their lives, etc. Being good at talking to people will help you massively at med school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34%
No (493)
66%

Watched Threads