A6416
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Bit of a silly question, but I'm in year 12 and entering an essay competition. The question refers to 'legal disputes'. Does this involve all aspects of the law (e.g. criminal) or just fields such as tort?
Last edited by A6416; 10 months ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by A6416)
Bit of a silly question, but I'm in year 12 and entering an essay competition. The question refers to 'legal disputes'. Does this involve all aspects of the law (e.g. criminal) or just fields such as tort?
Any dispute which is being resolved (or will be resolved) by legal means. This could be negligence, product liability or some other tortious claim, or a dispute arising from simple contract, or equity or some sort of company law... a million and one things.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Just to follow up, criminal is probably less relevant, because criminal law regulates relations between the state and the individual. "Legal disputes" usually refers to disputes between individuals or those with legal personality, such as arise in tortious and contract law.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes, exactly. And you could have 'legal disputes' between states party to a treaty - I was a bit restrictive with my previous answer. It could really be anything.
A6416
Rep:
?
The question is: ‘Should legal disputes be determined by artificial, rather than human, means?’
A6416
Rep:
?
Yeah quite a tricky one lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed