How comes the accomadation at this uni is a lot more than BU accomdation?

Watch
hunt_daniel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi,

I didn't manage to get a place at BU but I got a place at AUB. One thing that is making me hesitant on accepting the offer is accommodation. BU has a wider range that is affordable with a max student loan. The AUB range is all more expensive and I come from a low-income family, does anyone know if there is any accommodation blocks in the town centre that are mixed with students form both unis?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The AUB halls are all pretty new and high spec. They don’t have anything like the uni village that BU offer with shared houses. If you’re looking for cheaper accommodation then a shared house is usually a better idea (all the private halls are quite expensive). AUB usually run accommodation days in the summer to help students who don’t want to live in halls find housemates and affordable accommodation with good landlords. Or they have an aub studentpad website to find shared houses with spaces.
Student Roost - Bournemouth
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by hunt_daniel)
...... does anyone know if there is any accommodation blocks in the town centre that are mixed with students form both unis?
Hi There
Here at Home Park Student Accommodation we accept students from both AUB and BU, from first years right up to PHD.
There's loads of reasons to consider Home Park, from no deposit to pay, no rent to pay until October, to 24 hour staff and beautifully appointment rooms.Our location is good too close to transport links and supermarkets. The bus takes about 10 minutes from us into Talbot and run regularly.
You can find out about us from our website, which also have a handy Live-Chat facility or you can send us a DM.
Regards The Home Park Team
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Student Roost - Bournemouth)
Hi There
Here at Home Park Student Accommodation we accept students from both AUB and BU, from first years right up to PHD.
There's loads of reasons to consider Home Park, from no deposit to pay, no rent to pay until October, to 24 hour staff and beautifully appointment rooms.Our location is good too close to transport links and supermarkets. The bus takes about 10 minutes from us into Talbot and run regularly.
You can find out about us from our website, which also have a handy Live-Chat facility or you can send us a DM.
Regards The Home Park Team
Is home park the one with grenfell cladding?
Student Roost - Bournemouth
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Is home park the one with grenfell cladding?
You'll be pleased to know that Home Park doesn't have any cladding at all.
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (157)
60.38%
I don't have everything I need (103)
39.62%

Watched Threads