Do you trust the government and the media?

Watch
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a hard time trusting the government and the media. It's clear everybody has their own individual agenda and the reason why many of us might be disgruntled by the conditions to which we live is because we live under a one size fits all standard. I know some of you trust the government because you vote for policies and a man or woman who seems most appealing to you-but one person's dream is another's nightmare and so all we're left with is discord. What do you think?
lazerbeem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I trust neither as far as I could throw them.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not always
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
I have a hard time trusting the government and the media. It's clear everybody has their own individual agenda and the reason why many of us might be disgruntled by the conditions to which we live is because we live under a one size fits all standard. I know some of you trust the government because you vote for policies and a man or woman who seems most appealing to you-but one person's dream is another's nightmare and so all we're left with is discord. What do you think?
What do you mean by trust?
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
What do you mean by trust?
I mean do you believe the government make choices that do right by you and the people at large?
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never trust a Tory
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
Never trust a Tory
Same can be said of Corbyn and Dianne Abbott.
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't stand either of them but they have more integrity than the Tories (which doesn't say a lot)
username4999596
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He might be lib dem mate
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
As for the media I think the world would be much healthier without the media crawling around and infecting people's lives. Things would be more exciting if the media didn't get involved.
2_versions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the Government are trying their best when it comes to some things - other aspects, such as where funding should go and HS2 are purely personal or party based. In terms of the information they provide to the public, I trust probably 60% as long as its not near an election, then its a free 4 all.

The media? no. Unless you read cross-source you will rarely distinguish the real from fake when it comes to what they print about parties.
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No and no.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do not trust the government that we currently have, which is de facto led by Dominic Cummings.
2_versions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I do not trust the government that we currently have, which is de facto led by Dominic Cummings.
haha yeah you're right about that! Cummings might as well be PM at this point
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean do you believe the government make choices that do right by you and the people at large?
Largely yes. Though as you say, we all have different opinions so nobody left 100% pleased, or even 70% pleased really.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
I can't stand either of them but they have more integrity than the Tories (which doesn't say a lot)
Yet less integrity than Javid. Corbyn was quite happy to be a puppet leader.
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've trusted UK governments since I've been aware of such things to act in a manner that is broadly in the interest of the general population - or at least, what they believe is broadly in the interest of the general population - with occasional exceptions.

And I trust the media to act in a manner that is broadly in the interest of themselves, their shareholders or their readers, with occasional exceptions.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust media especially using a wide range of reputable news sources but would never trust any government especially the scheming BJ’s cabinet
Johnny Tightlips
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Yet less integrity than Javid. Corbyn was quite happy to be a puppet leader.
Yeah, except all the times he flipped on his Brexit stance. And look what happened when he did show some integrity- he was shipped out lol
Karisa96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely no and no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (180)
15.32%
Uncertainty around my education (193)
16.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (116)
9.87%
Isolating with family (81)
6.89%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (45)
3.83%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (99)
8.43%
Loneliness (114)
9.7%
Financial worries (52)
4.43%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (109)
9.28%
Exposure to negative news/social media (86)
7.32%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (100)
8.51%

Watched Threads