Should I do Model UN???

Watch
xmin02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok I have a lil dilemma

a few months ago I applied to do attend a model UN in New York (which is in March) and I ended up getting a scholarship to go which made me so happy. going to the UN is like a dream to me.

it’s a coincidence that I happen to be on holiday there while this conference is happening, and everything fit perfectly so I applied, however my family aren’t really supportive of me attending. They either think it’s a scam or say that it wont be fun to do on holiday, that I should spend time with them instead.

I think the conference is 3 days long but I honestly don’t know if i can commit to that, we are only in NYC for 5 days. but this is such an amazing opportunity and it would be a real shame to miss out on it.

pls help what should i do😢😢
Almonti372
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xmin02)
ok I have a lil dilemma

a few months ago I applied to do attend a model UN in New York (which is in March) and I ended up getting a scholarship to go which made me so happy. going to the UN is like a dream to me.

it’s a coincidence that I happen to be on holiday there while this conference is happening, and everything fit perfectly so I applied, however my family aren’t really supportive of me attending. They either think it’s a scam or say that it wont be fun to do on holiday, that I should spend time with them instead.

I think the conference is 3 days long but I honestly don’t know if i can commit to that, we are only in NYC for 5 days. but this is such an amazing opportunity and it would be a real shame to miss out on it.

If you can be absolutely sure it’s not a scam (my school is hosting an MUN in Cambridge in a few weeks btw) and it’s something you want to do absolutely go for it! Will it be useful in your university application for what you want to study? Depending on what subject you want to do eg. Law, international relations, politics, maybe even other things like history, English, languages etc this would be a brilliant thing to have under your belt. Are any people you know going? Also how did you come by the scholarship, was it something you were told about at school?
xmin02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for your replyyy
yes i'm sure it's not a scam, i've actually applied to do languages at uni and included this in my personal statement. I think it relates well and would be a great thing to have on my CV also..
I don't know anyone going, I found out about the conference online and applied as an individual, which makes me kinda anxious but i'm confident I can push myself to do it
(Original post by Almonti372)
If you can be absolutely sure it’s not a scam (my school is hosting an MUN in Cambridge in a few weeks btw) and it’s something you want to do absolutely go for it! Will it be useful in your university application for what you want to study? Depending on what subject you want to do eg. Law, international relations, politics, maybe even other things like history, English, languages etc this would be a brilliant thing to have under your belt. Are any people you know going? Also how did you come by the scholarship, was it something you were told about at school?
Almonti372
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for your replyyy
yes i'm sure it's not a scam, i've actually applied to do languages at uni and included this in my personal statement. I think it relates well and would be a great thing to have on my CV also..
I don't know anyone going, I found out about the conference online and applied as an individual, which makes me kinda anxious but i'm confident I can push myself to do it
In that case I’d say go for it! Enjoy and best of luck!
mon166
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ok I have a lil dilemma

You should go! It’s a big opportunity and you don’t want to miss out on it. I’m sure you’ll be able to spend time with your family still, but if it’s something you really want to do then I don’t see why not chase after it x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads