The Student Room Group

I constantly have a very rapid heartbeat & butterflies in my stomach. what to do??

Does anyone have 'coping' mechanisms for this feeling? I don't know why I feel like this. So confused.
Is this all the time. What rate is your heart beating at. Have you tried deep breathing and slowing your rate that way. Otherwise get it checked up by a doctor. You may have some king of medical condition which meant mean treatment.
Reply 2
You shouldn't be asking on a website as it could be confusing or misleading.
If you are really worried go see a health care professional.I hope you get better.
Reply 3
I think I have known for a while now that I have anxiety but I keep avoiding being professionally diagnosed because I am scared of confronting this 'weakness' within my character. That probably sounds dumb as fk. I also don't want to take medication because don't want to become dependant on them and was hoping there were natural ways to 'heal' myself?

i can't be sure it's anxiety though, might just be that I worry excessively and stress easily? like where do u draw the line and distinguish
Try deep breathing exercises. Deep Breathe in. Breathe out.
Reply 5
You don't have to take medication if you don't want to or it doesn't feel right to you. You could probably benefit from therapy perhaps, it's well worth seeing your GP about it. See what they can do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending