Help with my mental health

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm really struggling with my mental right now, more than normal, so on Monday I wanna go see a doctor. Only problem is I have no idea what to say because I don't really talk much, I just feel so empty so I'm scared I'll just sit there and cry and not say anything. I've been suffering for years and I'm really on edge so I was wondering if anyone knew what it was like to go to a GP and tell them about this, and what the next steps are in terms of getting help. Thank you.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm really struggling with my mental right now, more than normal, so on Monday I wanna go see a doctor. Only problem is I have no idea what to say because I don't really talk much, I just feel so empty so I'm scared I'll just sit there and cry and not say anything. I've been suffering for years and I'm really on edge so I was wondering if anyone knew what it was like to go to a GP and tell them about this, and what the next steps are in terms of getting help. Thank you.
I think you should go there and be honest. Also reach out to Samaritans on 116 123.

All the best. Remember that you are not alone.
uzi74
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, God bless <3
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uzi74)
Thank you, God bless <3
Are you the thread starter?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (190)
15.54%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
16.27%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (120)
9.81%
Isolating with family (85)
6.95%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (47)
3.84%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (106)
8.67%
Loneliness (118)
9.65%
Financial worries (52)
4.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
8.99%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.28%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (107)
8.75%

Watched Threads