The Student Room Group

Love Island should be banned

Third death associated with Love Island, I think its time to ban this good for nothing show. Many people will think I am saying this because I am ugly, yes I am saying this because I am ugly if your beauty standards are influenced by this pathetic show

Scroll to see replies

I think they should actually do something about the mental health of the islanders (or host) more.
(edited 4 years ago)
*shrug* Can't just ban everything you don't like. Can always choose not to watch it.
Original post by joe goldberg
Third death associated with Love Island, I think its time to ban this good for nothing show. Many people will think I am saying this because I am ugly, yes I am saying this because I am ugly if your beauty standards are influenced by this pathetic show

It's not Love Island's fault, it just attracts people who are already insecure and base their self-worth on external things (like fame and looks and money). These people would be unhappy regardless of if they went on Love Island, but their appearance on the show has definitely exacerbated it.

Also I see you made a similar thread 7 months ago lel
(edited 4 years ago)
Is this about Caroline flacks death?
Original post by Anonymous1_23
Is this about Caroline flacks death?

What do you think?

... and for the main topic, yes, Love Island should be discontinued and cancelled forever like the Jeremy Kyle show.
Original post by rcmotorboy
What do you think?

... and for the main topic, yes, Love Island should be discontinued and cancelled forever like the Jeremy Kyle show.

Caroline flack wasn’t even on the show before her death, she was replaced by Laura whitmore due to allegations that she attacked her boyfriend. You can’t tell me that Caroline flack died because of love island? She had other stuff going on.

The guy that went on Jeremy Kyle show that died could have died due to being embarrassed so it was right for the show to be axed.
If it not for Flack, Mike and Sophie died due to the hate they received for being in the show
Caroline flack wasn’t even on the show before her death, she was replaced by Laura whitmore due to allegations that she attacked her boyfriend. You can’t tell me that Caroline flack died because of love island? She had other stuff going on.

The guy that went on Jeremy Kyle show that died could have died due to being embarrassed so it was right for the show to be axed.

... but it topic creator hasn't said any of what you're saying. Read the first post again, it really reads "Third death associated with Love Island". it's in the first post. The first post clearly said ASSOCIATED, not on the show. No one told you that Caroline Flack died because of Love Island.

I think the topic was trying to hint out that because there were three deaths and they were people associated and closely tied with Love Island, then there must be something wrong with the show, which I would agree with. Something is wrong with that show and it's killing people and driving them to suicide.
... but it topic creator hasn't said any of what you're saying. Read the first post again, it really reads "Third death associated with Love Island". it's in the first post. The first post clearly said ASSOCIATED, not on the show. No one told you that Caroline Flack died because of Love Island.

I think the topic was trying to hint out that because there were three deaths and they were people associated and closely tied with Love Island, then there must be something wrong with the show, which I would agree with. Something is wrong with that show and it's killing people and driving them to suicide.

I heard someone else tried to do it on set, remember Alex who Meghan went out with in 2018? Then she got back with Wes. They stopped him from doing it though.
The whole USP of this show is the attractiveness of the contestants and then they claim that they try to be inclusive. How could they be inclusive if having a ripped body is one of the main USP of the show? Guys don't even wear shirts during day, basically, the message of the show is that you can only find love if you are attractive physically.
I heard someone else tried to do it on set, remember Alex who Meghan went out with in 2018?

Well, no, I don't watch that show, nor the people who've taken part in that show. Nor do I want to know. I want that show gone and it's because of the recent suicide because I think it gives people on that show a fake sense of feeling good.
(edited 4 years ago)
Well, no, I don't watch that show, nor the people who've taken part in that show. Nor do I want to know. I want that show gone and it's because of the recent suicide because I think it gives people on that show a fake sense of feeling good.

I have already given the reason why it should be banned and I think its a very valid reason to ban it.

Still hugely popular though.
Explain the causal link between the show and the death?
Watching this show is like watching an aquarium. Same IQs.
Reply 15

But this misses the point. Social media needs to take a look at itself! And reality tv generally!
Reply 16
Original post by akragas
Watching this show is like watching an aquarium. Same IQs.

Your comment demonstrates the problem with social media and reality tv. You would most likely not say this to someone face to face.
Original post by mgi
Your comment demonstrates the problem with social media and reality tv. You would most likely not say this to someone face to face.

Wut? Of course I would say that, and already did.
Reply 18
third suicide death as well
that show is definitely a curse
although in Caroline's case I think it was less to do with the obsession with beauty standards and more to do with the abuse she got online. there are twitter posts of people telling her to kill herself. completely ****ed up
Tv should be banned!

Quick Reply

Latest