This needs to be said...

Watch
fanofeverything
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The fact that Made In Chelsea has only had ONE black person and it has been around for almost 10 years is disgusting. It’s such a good show but the diversity is actually horrible
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everyone should aim higher.
fanofeverything
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
Everyone should aim higher.
In regards to what?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fanofeverything)
The fact that Made In Chelsea has only had ONE black person and it has been around for almost 10 years is disgusting. It’s such a good show but the diversity is actually horrible
Do you get black people in Chelsea? If the programme was called "Made In Tower Hamlets" you might have a point, but...
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why does that need to be said? :confused:

Made In Chelsea is a prime example of everything that is wrong with English reality television- along with Love Island, TOWIE and that Katie Price show.
Most of the residents of Kensington & Chelsea, Brompton and Fulham despise the entire Made In Chelsea circus act.
The sooner it is cancelled and off-air the better.
Hopefully to be followed by all the other third rate reality tv shows.
bennyj901
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I were black I would be proud of that fact.

ALso why say this as if it is some grandiose statement?
fanofeverything
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Do you get black people in Chelsea? If the programme was called "Made In Tower Hamlets" you might have a point, but...
Yes, it’s West London - Chelsea is actually very cultural and diverse. Look up the Grenfell Tower.
azhal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
and grammies, NTA's and everything else, no point in complaining
fanofeverything
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
What about the Asians, Latina and red skins? why they are not mentioned? are just the black people a degree measure for a lack of diversity
Honestly, grow up. So many people want to be be oppressed to ignore their privilege and highlight it onto minor if not any issues at all. Most British people are black, Asian, white or other - but, obviously it isn’t as common in areas such as America for it to be as common. But, that’s only because of the history of our country such as the Windrush, Brexit etc. Just because I didn’t include any other races in my statement - it doesn’t mean that I’m excluding them.
fanofeverything
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Why does that need to be said? :confused:

Made In Chelsea is a prime example of everything that is wrong with English reality television- along with Love Island, TOWIE and that Katie Price show.
Most of the residents of Kensington & Chelsea, Brompton and Fulham despise the entire Made In Chelsea circus act.
The sooner it is cancelled and off-air the better.
Hopefully to be followed by all the other third rate reality tv shows.
I’d have to disagree - there is a huge reason as to why shows like these have been around for so long and are still popular even after receiving backlash and more. They are marmite and controversial yet so terrible it is good - is the effect that shows like these cause and it grounds a lot of people and takes them away from fictional movies, tv shows etc.. general acting which is also why YouTube has become more popular and why so many people prefer it over Television. And, it needs to be said because Britain’s very cultural and I feel like MIC is the only show that doesn’t showcase that. Every Brit is either of an Asian, white or black heritage and would like to be represented in media. This is why so many shows are diverse, even to the smallest amount.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, it’s West London - Chelsea is actually very cultural and diverse. Look up the Grenfell Tower.
Grenfell Tower isn't in Chelsea: it's in North Kensington, which has its fair share of poverty and deprivation.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn't think the residents of Grenfell Tower are in the desired socio-economic bracket to be on Made in Chelsea. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, grow up. So many people want to be be oppressed to ignore their privilege and highlight it onto minor if not any issues at all. Most British people are black, Asian, white or other - but, obviously it isn’t as common in areas such as America for it to be as common. But, that’s only because of the history of our country such as the Windrush, Brexit etc. Just because I didn’t include any other races in my statement - it doesn’t mean that I’m excluding them.
Looks like that not only you, but some other people got me wrong. I was just astonished about your allegation of racism with respect to a TV show just because there was only one black in the show. If I would count TV shows without another discriminated ethnicities in those, many of them I watched are (were) racist.
Last edited by Kallisto; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
73.33%
No (4)
13.33%
Not sure (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads