Why is healthy food not tasty?

Watch
Kyxng
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Its so bland eating things like rice, chicken and veg..I am trying to eat healthier and looked online for ideas and all suggestions lack flavour and would leave me starving. Also eating healthier isn’t even that cheap really.
Last edited by Kyxng; 1 month ago
David Getling
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kyxng)
Its so bland eating things like rice, chicken and veg..I am trying to eat healthier and looked online for ideas and all suggestions lack flavour and would leave me starving. Also eating healthier isn’t even that cheap really.
That's what herbs and spices are for. There are definitely thousands of really tasty meals that are mainly chicken, veg and rice.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is, you just need to find the right dishes.

A lot of Asian food is considered quite healthy (minus the deep-fried stuff) and is really tasty too.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because it is often made by morons with no concept of seasoning.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kyxng)
You are not forced to eat healthy food every day. I don't do this too, but three times a week. Have five or six recipes I like to eat and the rest is food I feel good with myself.
watershower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All I eat are vegetables. They taste like heaven to me. I love broccoli. All you need is seasoning. There are also different ways to cook vegetables: Steam, grill, fry! If i’m feeling lazy (which is often ngl) I’ll pop a frozen veg bag in the microwave and with a little salt, it tastes sooo good. I hate fruits (and I don’t eat meat) so I have to get in most of my nutrients through veg.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (145)
15.85%
Uncertainty around my education (149)
16.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (87)
9.51%
Isolating with family (63)
6.89%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (33)
3.61%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (80)
8.74%
Loneliness (93)
10.16%
Financial worries (38)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (82)
8.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (62)
6.78%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (83)
9.07%

Watched Threads