Where could these lead me to in the future?

Watch
Oreganilio
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I will be doing chemistry, biology, English lit lang (possibly history but feel like it will be too much work). Where could these three a levels lead me when applying to university (intending on doing a science or medicine degree)?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oreganilio)
I will be doing chemistry, biology, English lit lang (possibly history but feel like it will be too much work). Where could these three a levels lead me when applying to university (intending on doing a science or medicine degree)?
Well Medicine as you said, Dentistry, Vet Med, Biochemistry etc. etc.
sammyj97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Those A-levels could open up a lot of doors for you provided you get decent grades. You could do medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, bio-chem, anything “science-y” tbh.

Just look up the entry requirements for courses you’re interested in at different university websites.
Last edited by sammyj97; 1 month ago
RyanS101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most healthcare courses including medicine or dentistry . Medicine and dentistry have other requirements. Most if not all require entrance exams I.e ukcat / bmat . & work experience
Good choice of a levels
Oreganilio
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Also, what are the pros and cons of doing 4 over 3 a levels in year 12. As I said before I’m still deciding wether or not to remove history from my list. I intend on doing some work experience (shadowing/pharmacy) along with sixth form but I’m scared of the work load if I did four. Especially with history as apparently that has an extreme amount of course information. What would you guys recommend? (I’m intending on doing a science-y degree and doing English to show other skills too, I know if I did history it would better my chances for doing an English degree but I know already that I would most likely still drop history at the end of year 12.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads