Daily skin care routine?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I rarely use skin care products as I have sensitive skin and I only use one face wash but other than that just water.
I was watching Hyram on YouTube and he was talking about how the product I use strips the skin and he was giving like a 10 step skin care routine.
Do I need to have a skin scare routine?
pancakesbob7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I rarely use skin care products as I have sensitive skin and I only use one face wash but other than that just water.
I was watching Hyram on YouTube and he was talking about how the product I use strips the skin and he was giving like a 10 step skin care routine.
I think skin condition is mainly down to genes, diet and how well you clean it. Me n the fam drink a lot of water, and apparently this helps w skin? I've heard around that greasy food and sugary food make you more prone to acne...don't mark my words!

I personally just use face cleanser (either a very old clinique one which has been in my draw for god knows how many years) or simple. I just use it whenever I remember (which is usually whenever I shower).

I don't think you need a particular skin care routine - 10 steps does seem quite excessive...Just rememeber to keep your skin reasonably clean...?
ImBetterThanY0u
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
it depends on the condition of your skin, if you have a rough face, exfoliating and face scrubs will help, however, if you have acne, DONT USE A FACE SCRUB as it will make everything worse, it won't help at all, oily skin can be treated with exfoliating, blackheads (the small black dots commonly found by your nose) can be removed with nose stips like this or if you want, there are ones for your whole face which are pretty good but pricey.

my usual routine is to wash my face in the morning with water, exfoliate with a face wash and rinse out, dry myself and then moisturise with some face cream but every other day I would use a face scrub as using a scrub daily can damage your skin. I'd use a nose strip every 2 weeks and a face mask once a month to keep dat glow n that.
pancakesbob7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ImBetterThanY0u)
it depends on the condition of your skin, if you have a rough face, exfoliating and face scrubs will help, however, if you have acne, DONT USE A FACE SCRUB as it will make everything worse, it won't help at all, oily skin can be treated with exfoliating, blackheads (the small black dots commonly found by your nose) can be removed with nose stips like this or if you want, there are ones for your whole face which are pretty good but pricey.

my usual routine is to wash my face in the morning with water, exfoliate with a face wash and rinse out, dry myself and then moisturise with some face cream but every other day I would use a face scrub as using a scrub daily can damage your skin. I'd use a nose strip every 2 weeks and a face mask once a month to keep dat glow n that.
I'm not saying that what you're doing is wrong, but just to put my opinion out there for the benefit if the thread starter - Nose strips to remove blackheads are said to not only remove blackheads, but also remove thingsd that actually help your skin, like natural oils and hair follicles. Removing the good stuff will probs dry your skin out and potetially irritate it.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you have skin issues, then yes, a routine would probably benefit you. Some people are lucky enough to just wash their face once in the morning, drink some water and have perfect skin, but the rest of us have to be very careful with what we put on our faces. You probably only need to cleanse, tone and moisturise every day and you're fine, maybe an extra product or two when your skin is particularly problematic but anything like 10+ products is too much.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 month ago
beebeebalm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Developing a skin routine is like a life skill ... that no one teaches you sadly. It's not about a hero product or having 10 steps - that's a load of marketing bs and beauty industry is full of it.

Everyone's skincare routine is going to be a little different depending on their preferences, their needs, their skin type, their budget, their time. But the key steps every skincare routine should incorporate are:

(1) cleanse
(2) moisturise
(3) in the daytime, protect with an spf product (sun rays penetrate clouds & windows, so even if it's crap weather outside, put it on)

You can build on those 3 steps with additional ones (double cleansing, serums, masks, etc.) if you want, but those 3 steps are the basis of any skincare routine.

A lot of people think they have sensitive skin, but sometimes it's actually just really dry skin (which can cause sensitivity). True sensitive skin is quite rare, but maybe you do have it! skoosh skin offers advice on how to find products and build a skincare routine - they assess your skin with a quiz and tailor product recommendations based on your skin type. They've also got a skincare 101 blog with tips on how to read your own skin. What I like about it is that they try to cut through all the marketing & misinformation, and get to the truth & science behind skincare and beauty ingredients
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads