2_versions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I'm in Year 12 and I'm just starting to think about what I want to apply for in September. The reason I'm thinking this early is because I don't know if I should stick to a subject I don't really like (economics) to get into university or change to law (which I know will be challenging, but I wont dread lessons) and just go to a Digital Marketing apprenticeship instead - which is a more favourable option for me.

Context aside, my main concern with apprenticeships is that my area is pretty weak in terms of offerings, and if I was to accept an apprenticeship somewhere else, I would have no money for a place or commute. I'm just wondering if the council will allow me to have a little flat or something close to whatever place I choose, like those claiming benefits - or if that's not a viable option for me. Sorry it's long lol, its my first post

TL;DR - will the council help fund a flat if I move away for an apprenticeship?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2_versions)
Hey, I'm in Year 12 and I'm just starting to think about what I want to apply for in September. The reason I'm thinking this early is because I don't know if I should stick to a subject I don't really like (economics) to get into university or change to law (which I know will be challenging, but I wont dread lessons) and just go to a Digital Marketing apprenticeship instead - which is a more favourable option for me.

Context aside, my main concern with apprenticeships is that my area is pretty weak in terms of offerings, and if I was to accept an apprenticeship somewhere else, I would have no money for a place or commute. I'm just wondering if the council will allow me to have a little flat or something close to whatever place I choose, like those claiming benefits - or if that's not a viable option for me. Sorry it's long lol, its my first post

TL;DR - will the council help fund a flat if I move away for an apprenticeship?
Basically no unless there are some very particular circumstances.
2_versions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Basically no unless there are some very particular circumstances.
Oh damn. Well big up to the Government for not factoring inequality into the apprenticeship push lol
Thanks for answering my question though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (43)
46.74%
No, they should still go ahead (21)
22.83%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (28)
30.43%

Watched Threads