K.bhardwaj2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an offer from Notts for Msc biotech It is to achieve ABC as long as I get B or above in Biology. I'm not sure why but I'm scared i might not get ABC exactly but more like BBB in al my subjects will i still get a place?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by K.bhardwaj2020)
I have an offer from Notts for Msc biotech It is to achieve ABC as long as I get B or above in Biology. I'm not sure why but I'm scared i might not get ABC exactly but more like BBB in al my subjects will i still get a place?
If you fail to make the offer as stated, then it is down to their discretion. They see how many spares they have after all acceptance by people who make it and then go through the near misses on a case by case basis. Closer you are to the offer the better your chance and then it depends on how many others there are., just focus on ding your best.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by K.bhardwaj2020)
Are you sure its not an MSci (this is different to an MSc).

Regardless the only way you can guarantee entry to the program is by getting the grades on your UCAS offer, its very possible they'll accept BBB, but no one can guarantee it, and it may depend how the cohort of applicants do as a whole as to how flexible they are in August. Good luck.
K.bhardwaj2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks, yes I did mean MSci.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lots of people get into Nottingham on near misses. But obviously doing your best is beneficial. You should aim to achieve the ABC required, as the level of Nottingham creates alot of difficulty for some..so admissions tutors likely get nervous if your off substantially..it's a rewarding place to get a degree but not exactly a walk in the park. I'm a 3rd year here, so work hard you have alot to look forward to if you can make it!!!
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads