Mavs04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi does anyone have some stuff about the impact of migration for the London Case Study (urban issues and challenges) I rlly struggling atm
Thx!
Almonti372
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mavs04)
Hi does anyone have some stuff about the impact of migration for the London Case Study (urban issues and challenges) I rlly struggling atm
Thx!
Hi, have you got the AQA GCSE geography revision guide? It literally saved my geography and has tonnes of stuff in there. You could always buy one second hand on eBay. I can have a look and see if I can send you relevant pages if you like
Mavs04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Almonti372)
Hi, have you got the AQA GCSE geography revision guide? It literally saved my geography and has tonnes of stuff in there. You could always buy one second hand on eBay. I can have a look and see if I can send you relevant pages if you like
Ive got the cgp one but it’s done a bunch of different case studies and I don’t wanna confuse myself, I was debating whether or not to just do Liverpool cause that’s the one that’s in there
username5174718
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Positive impacts:
- A more diverse, multicultural society which offers greater education about the world and ties in with the British Values. This in turn creates more tourist opportunities drawing income to the area (Notting Hill Carnival, for example).
- Offers skills across a range of sectors of industry (primary to quaternary).
- Helps to reduce areas of labour shortages (Across the UK just short of 30% of doctors employed in the NHS did not train in the UK and did not originate from the UK).

Negative impacts:
- Higher demand on services such as schools or healthcare and housing - in a city where there is already a severe shortage of these elements available.
- 'Clash of culture' / language barriers can create tensions.
- Greater acceptance to work for less, creating greater disparities between rich and poor within the city / the rise of informal jobs and/or zero-contract work.

Hope that helps!
popsy354
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the hodder education revision guide is really good!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision.../dp/1471887316
Mavs04
Rep:
?
(Original post by NQTHan)
Positive impacts:
- A more diverse, multicultural society which offers greater education about the world and ties in with the British Values. This in turn creates more tourist opportunities drawing income to the area (Notting Hill Carnival, for example).
- Offers skills across a range of sectors of industry (primary to quaternary).
- Helps to reduce areas of labour shortages (Across the UK just short of 30% of doctors employed in the NHS did not train in the UK and did not originate from the UK).

Negative impacts:
- Higher demand on services such as schools or healthcare and housing - in a city where there is already a severe shortage of these elements available.
- 'Clash of culture' / language barriers can create tensions.
- Greater acceptance to work for less, creating greater disparities between rich and poor within the city / the rise of informal jobs and/or zero-contract work.

Hope that helps!
It does ure a life saver thx!
Mavs04
Rep:
?
(Original post by popsy354)
the hodder education revision guide is really good!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision.../dp/1471887316
Ty!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (0)
0%
No (0)
0%
Not sure (0)
0%

Watched Threads