Seriously unhappy due to GCSE

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve written here before about how my depressing and anxiety stopped me learning most of secondary.

I’m trying as hard as I can now and am taking meds but I’ve found doing 9 subjects from scratch is making me very anxious.

I need a 4 in combined science and after doing a chemistry and physics session today I’ve realised I probably can’t do it. I find them so hard. Should I forget Science and just focus on French, Geog, English, Maths etc?

The other option would be a tutor but would they help me at this very late stage.

Help, what do I do?
curiouslol
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!

I hope you're doing better soon. I understand what a difficult time you must be going through, especially at such a critical time.

I would say focus on your core subjects; English, Maths and Science. Unless you want to take one of your options to A-Level, give it less time?

As for the sciences, I do all 3 at A-Level and got 3 grade A* at GCSE. I did AQA and will be more than happy to tutor via skype ( for a price ). Message me if you're interested!

I really hope this difficult time passes for you. Make sure to take some time to care for yourself, you deserve a break. Message me if you need advice !
я люблю собак
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sat my GCSE about 3 or 4 years ago and I failed my maths and science. I've re sat maths now about 4 times and will sit it again for a final time at the end of the year. so far ive failed every time but let me tell you something! it really doesn't matter. schools put sooo much stress on us all when gcse's come but seriously it's really not going to drastically effect your future the way they make out.

firstly: I work two jobs without maths qualifications. in one job the repeatedly make me cash up floats and count tills and work out discounts ect. which they knew was in the job description and despite knowing I didnt have my maths they still hired me, as did the other job. because people know that the maths and other subjects they teach really dont amount to most every day working situations. if you're worried about colleges/university and needing grades, dont be! most of the course will allow you to re sit exams which there is no shame in doing!

I was so stressed during my gcse's to the point my hair was falling out and I lost weight due to not being able to eat (I have nad anxiety) and nit only did I do better than expected (without a crazy amount of revision and I am NOT natually smart) but I also realised in my years after GCSE's that they really weren't lying when those who tried to ease me to relax and said it wont matter so much as they make us feel is does...they were right. hardly anyone even remembers what they got in their GCSE's later on because it really doesn't dictate your future. so please relax. dont stress. you will do absolutely fine. and if you fail anything it's not going to ruin your future! you have so many options including resits! goodluck!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by curiouslol)
Hello!

I hope you're doing better soon. I understand what a difficult time you must be going through, especially at such a critical time.

I would say focus on your core subjects; English, Maths and Science. Unless you want to take one of your options to A-Level, give it less time?

As for the sciences, I do all 3 at A-Level and got 3 grade A* at GCSE. I did AQA and will be more than happy to tutor via skype ( for a price ). Message me if you're interested!

I really hope this difficult time passes for you. Make sure to take some time to care for yourself, you deserve a break. Message me if you need advice !
(Original post by я люблю собак)
I sat my GCSE about 3 or 4 years ago and I failed my maths and science. I've re sat maths now about 4 times and will sit it again for a final time at the end of the year. so far ive failed every time but let me tell you something! it really doesn't matter. schools put sooo much stress on us all when gcse's come but seriously it's really not going to drastically effect your future the way they make out.

firstly: I work two jobs without maths qualifications. in one job the repeatedly make me cash up floats and count tills and work out discounts ect. which they knew was in the job description and despite knowing I didnt have my maths they still hired me, as did the other job. because people know that the maths and other subjects they teach really dont amount to most every day working situations. if you're worried about colleges/university and needing grades, dont be! most of the course will allow you to re sit exams which there is no shame in doing!

I was so stressed during my gcse's to the point my hair was falling out and I lost weight due to not being able to eat (I have nad anxiety) and nit only did I do better than expected (without a crazy amount of revision and I am NOT natually smart) but I also realised in my years after GCSE's that they really weren't lying when those who tried to ease me to relax and said it wont matter so much as they make us feel is does...they were right. hardly anyone even remembers what they got in their GCSE's later on because it really doesn't dictate your future. so please relax. dont stress. you will do absolutely fine. and if you fail anything it's not going to ruin your future! you have so many options including resits! goodluck!
Thank you both very much for the encouragement
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which year are you in?
Don't you study well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (14)
73.68%
No (3)
15.79%
Not sure (2)
10.53%

Watched Threads