Long distance - just said bye

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Feel awful, he normally manages it better than me and we’re lucky to see each other every couple of weeks but I’ve just had to get back on my train. Because of the weather train ticket restrictions were lifted and said they were valid for tomorrow. I’ve left in the morning before and my bf made a joke about how terrible it would be if I had to stay. Five mins before getting on train I got quite upset in the station which I never do, don’t want to make it difficult for either me or him but couldn’t stop myself and said so many times how I wanted to stay one more night. We’re both back studying/at uni tomorrow so it wouldn’t have been the most practical thing to have stayed, but since the idea was planted in my head, I was so sad getting on the train and think I made it hard for us both.

He’s since said lots of times on text not to be worried and that he understands it’s hard, but feel like it was completely crap of me to behave like that and I don’t know how I can be sorry enough to him (anxious person anyway in general so this has just given me something extra to overthink). We’ve had a lovely weekend and feel like I have ruined it by sending it off on a bad note. Just always find leaving hard, especially when it’s dark and nighttime, no matter how long we’re not going to see each other for.

Anyone any advice or similar stories to make me feel better? Thanks in advance x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Feel awful, he normally manages it better than me and we’re lucky to see each other every couple of weeks but I’ve just had to get back on my train. Because of the weather train ticket restrictions were lifted and said they were valid for tomorrow. I’ve left in the morning before and my bf made a joke about how terrible it would be if I had to stay. Five mins before getting on train I got quite upset in the station which I never do, don’t want to make it difficult for either me or him but couldn’t stop myself and said so many times how I wanted to stay one more night. We’re both back studying/at uni tomorrow so it wouldn’t have been the most practical thing to have stayed, but since the idea was planted in my head, I was so sad getting on the train and think I made it hard for us both.

He’s since said lots of times on text not to be worried and that he understands it’s hard, but feel like it was completely crap of me to behave like that and I don’t know how I can be sorry enough to him (anxious person anyway in general so this has just given me something extra to overthink). We’ve had a lovely weekend and feel like I have ruined it by sending it off on a bad note. Just always find leaving hard, especially when it’s dark and nighttime, no matter how long we’re not going to see each other for.

Anyone any advice or similar stories to make me feel better? Thanks in advance x
Hi, in my opinion ,i don't think it will be too bad ,i think it is better that you guys had a harder send off in my perspective of your relationship cos it shows you both care , which i guess is a great sign ,and i can understand the idea and pain of missing him ,trust me it will be fine , me and my ex were like that too; we only saw each other every few weeks and i made a fuss every time we had to part and he used to say how i was cute and that he cared and gave a goodbye kiss and try to send me off but i would throw a fit to try and make him stay and i would make him somewhat late (it was a good relationship and a mutual breakup that is completely unrelated to your situation so don't worry about that),but i think u showed him that u care and i think that is important and from my viewpoint nothing bad will happen ,if u want are that disturbed but ur actions ,then i would apologize to him and i am sure u will just look back in a few days at it as if it was natural to feel that way then because you portrayed ur your true feelings which is very important in a relationship.Don't overthink about the past or the future , i guess it would be best to live in the present.Hope this somewhat helps!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads