Chelsea F.C. Thread IX

Watch this thread
Skkc16
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Kante is a doubt for the game against Palace. He messed up his hamstring so the midfield is gonna change. Lampard has felt safe playing the 2 number 8 midfielders with Kante sitting but would he be comfortable to do the same with Kovacic/Gilmour sitting?

Agree that it’s time Ruben started again. If he’s actually to get back to his best then he needs more minutes and in his natural position but I don’t see Barkley and Mount being dropped soon.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I think when the games come thick and fast and we need to win every game it's hard to put a player who's been our for a year. Lampard doesn't trust our defence either. if we were 3-0 up after 60mjns loftus cheek would have come on then.

it's frustrating as a fan to see someone who possibly is our best player not playing but I can see why he isn't.

Barkley is in the team for his height btw. makes sense now. Same reason why Alonso continues to play at the expense of Reece James. I think with a game every three days while we have depth to cover it it's easy to get the team selection wrong, which is what costed us Vs west ham.
GrandMedic
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Skkc16)
Kante is a doubt for the game against Palace. He messed up his hamstring so the midfield is gonna change. Lampard has felt safe playing the 2 number 8 midfielders with Kante sitting but would he be comfortable to do the same with Kovacic/Gilmour sitting?

Agree that it’s time Ruben started again. If he’s actually to get back to his best then he needs more minutes and in his natural position but I don’t see Barkley and Mount being dropped soon.
Kovacic isn't starting either.
Skkc16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GrandMedic)
Kovacic isn't starting either.
Damn. He’ll probably go with the Gilmour/Barkley/Mount midfield that helped us win 4-0 against Everton but I don’t trust Palace to roll over and their midfield is more physical than Everton.

The Havertz and Rice rumours are heating up. Not against buying Rice anymore. WithJorginho on his way out and Kante’s persistent injury issues, he’s not a bad replacement and he can fill in at CB too. Tomori will probably be loaned out
bj27
Rep:
Damn. He’ll probably go with the Gilmour/Barkley/Mount midfield that helped us win 4-0 against Everton but I don’t trust Palace to roll over and their midfield is more physical than Everton.

The Havertz and Rice rumours are heating up. Not against buying Rice anymore. WithJorginho on his way out and Kante’s persistent injury issues, he’s not a bad replacement and he can fill in at CB too. Tomori will probably be loaned out
I hate to say it but why don't we just save the money we'd use buying Rice and keep Bakayoko if possible?

I don't see if there is any improvement between buying Rice and keeping Bakayoko other than Rice is a Chelsea man through and through. I don't know how good Rice is at CB though but I'm guessing his time at DM would mean he's a better progressor of the ball than Zouma. Also it means Rudiger can GTFO.

It's a tough decision for Lampard with Tomori, he's shown promise but I think he should look at Klopp and what he and Rodgers did with Joe Gomez. Gomez was getting games at LB (a problem position for them and us) and Tomori could do the same, he has a similar skillset in that he's fast, strong and can progress the ball in play.

That being said I'd loan him out to a mid table team like Arsenal who needs a defender.
Last edited by bj27; 1 year ago
Skkc16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bj27)
I hate to say it but why don't we just save the money we'd use buying Rice and keep Bakayoko if possible?

I don't see if there is any improvement between buying Rice and keeping Bakayoko other than Rice is a Chelsea man through and through. I don't know how good Rice is at CB though but I'm guessing his time at DM would mean he's a better progressor of the ball than Zouma. Also it means Rudiger can GTFO.

It's a tough decision for Lampard with Tomori, he's shown promise but I think he should look at Klopp and what he and Rodgers did with Joe Gomez. Gomez was getting games at LB (a problem position for them and us) and Tomori could do the same, he has a similar skillset in that he's fast, strong and can progress the ball in play.

[b]That being said I'd loan him out to a mid table team like Arsenal who needs a defender. [\b]
🤣🤣 not sure Arsenal would take any more defenders from us after recent events.

Bakayoko struggled in the Premier League and Rice makes sense given his experience here and also I think there’s a leadership aspect as to why he’s being looked at.
bj27
Rep:
Jesus Christ Pulisic.

I was wrong. this guy took the senzu beans during lockdown
GrandMedic
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What a start.

This Pulisic/Willian combo looking kind of fire even though we all know Willian is playing for something. Shame he can't perform consistently without a contract on the line.
bj27
Rep:
Bad defending from the CBs and Kepa probably could have saved it but **** me what a strike.
bj27
Rep:
sell Christensen
bj27
Rep:
we didn't deserve that loool. Vs
Skkc16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Literal heart in the mouth stuff for the last 5 minutes. Reece James has been a bit disappointing since the restart ngl. Was trying to give benefit of the doubt but I hope we didn’t promote the wrong youth product and sold Lamptey for nowt.

Also Tammy got the goal but what the hell was he doing at the end?? We easily could’ve lost because of him. He didn’t even bother tracking back after losing the ball either. Just stood there whingeing.

Zouma’s last ditch tackle as good as a goal at the other end and got the 3 points but wouldn’t wanna go through that again 😂
bj27
Rep:
Zouma when he plays like that is unstoppable. Got speed, can time challenges and is great in the air. My problem is when he decides to have his brain fart days.

Either way bin Rudiger. It's really annoying that none of our CBs are consistent because Christensen had a poor game again, got absolutely skinned for their second goal. Crystal Palace haven't scored more than two goals this entire year and we were trying our hardest to break their duck. I think he still struggles vs physical attackers hence the being bullied by benteke bit but he beasted man City because they're not that type of team.
bj27
Rep:
Btw Loftus Cheek with the nice dink for the assist.
stirkee
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Literal heart in the mouth stuff for the last 5 minutes. Reece James has been a bit disappointing since the restart ngl. Was trying to give benefit of the doubt but I hope we didn’t promote the wrong youth product and sold Lamptey for nowt.

Also Tammy got the goal but what the hell was he doing at the end?? We easily could’ve lost because of him. He didn’t even bother tracking back after losing the ball either. Just stood there whingeing.

Zouma’s last ditch tackle as good as a goal at the other end and got the 3 points but wouldn’t wanna go through that again 😂
I don't think I'm a fan of Tammy's general body language tbh. If a pass doesn't go to him or its misplaced or whatever he's always moaning and throwing his arms in the air etc- fair enough its caused by a desire to score but as a striker he has to accept he isn't getting the pass every time. Especially when he's wasted a lot of very good chances this season (though clearly he's also scored a lot of goals).

And at the end there when he could see we were under significant pressure he does something like that- and then as soon as he lost the ball he just stood there and threw his arms up. Willian on the other hand who had played the entire match rather than about 20mins was still chasing around everywhere.
bj27
Rep:
(Original post by stirkee)
I don't think I'm a fan of Tammy's general body language tbh. If a pass doesn't go to him or its misplaced or whatever he's always moaning and throwing his arms in the air etc- fair enough its caused by a desire to score but as a striker he has to accept he isn't getting the pass every time. Especially when he's wasted a lot of very good chances this season (though clearly he's also scored a lot of goals).

And at the end there when he could see we were under significant pressure he does something like that- and then as soon as he lost the ball he just stood there and threw his arms up. Willian on the other hand who had played the entire match rather than about 20mins was still chasing around everywhere.
Meh Giroud used to pull off this same stuff at Arsenal and at times at Chelsea. That's what happens when you haven't scored for a while you forget the basics. Also he hasn't been starting and we lost control of the game. Funny enough not getting back after losing the ball is exactly what Fernando Torres did when we beat Barcelona but obviously that was pot luck.

It's one of those things that happen. One thing I learnt is that if the supply is there our strikers will score. Loftus cheeks dink to Tammy, Barkley could never.
GrandMedic
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Honestly Kepa needs to go.
bj27
Rep:
Wolves lost so top 5 confirmed if we win our next 2 games.

Hopefully City's ban isn't overturned so essentially that means we're gucci.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bj27)
Wolves lost so top 5 confirmed if we win our next 2 games.

Hopefully City's ban isn't overturned so essentially that means we're gucci.
It will be overturned. You just know those dirty fraudsters are going to find some way to plead, manipulate and bribe their way out of this again.

Everyone who’s going for the CL next year still needs to be aiming for 4th.
bj27
Rep:
Looks like Jorginho's gonna be filling in for the last few games of the season.

If he plays like he did against Palace we can win our next 4 fixtures tbh. West Ham clearly was a blip due to poor team selection from Frank and our players not being up to it however we did lose control of the game at times vs Palace. I think it's crazy that we need to be 3 goals up in order to do something.

I reckon Loftus Cheek should be on the bench vs Sheffield to come on if we need a goal and he should definitely start vs Norwich.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (7)
31.82%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (12)
54.55%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (3)
13.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads