Chelsea F.C. Thread IX

Watch
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bj27)
Doubt we'd get Lukaku, he's not going to a PL rival. Godin maybe if board didn't **** up and we don't need Sensi.
You've got Barkley and did you sell off Drinkwater or is he just on loan?
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by trapking)
You've got Barkley and did you sell off Drinkwater or is he just on loan?
loan but loftus cheek is better than sensi.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bj27)
loan but loftus cheek is better than sensi.
Delete.

L.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Delete.

L.
Not even, Loftus Cheek is beasty. Great on the dribble, can pass can shoot.

In terms of output he can do a lot.
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He's a great player, too bad he is extremely fragile. It's difficult to see his career getting off the ground if this constant level of injury keeps up.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nichrome)
He's a great player, too bad he is extremely fragile. It's difficult to see his career getting off the ground if this constant level of injury keeps up.
agreed. that's it really for him.

when he plays you see his quality on the pitch and tbh he's our best player.

I'm gonna put it out now that I wanna see Kante in a 2 with kovacic until we sort our defence issues out. he's our best defensive minded midfielder (even though he is not a defensive midfielder) and that's where he should play, box to box with more emphasis on the defence like he did with Matic.
Skkc16
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What’s happened to this thread? Solid win against Liverpool and another great win against Everton this afternoon and not a word from anyone?

Anyway, Gilmour is killing it. Elite mentality and plays with the composure of a seasoned professional. Hope we handle him well
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Skkc16)
What’s happened to this thread? Solid win against Liverpool and another great win against Everton this afternoon and not a word from anyone?

Anyway, Gilmour is killing it. Elite mentality and plays with the composure of a seasoned professional. Hope we handle him well
I don’t remember playing Chelsea recently... 👀
bj27
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

what I'd say with Gilmour is that he's good defensive midfielder, he's more like a Jorginho type player. I don't like him further forward
Last edited by bj27; 2 weeks ago
Skkc16
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
I don’t remember playing Chelsea recently... 👀
It’s fine. You’ve got bigger fish to fry this season so we can understand not being bothered about the FA Cuo loss.
(Original post by bj27)
what I'd say with Gilmour is that he's good defensive midfielder, he's more like a Jorginho type player. I don't like him further forward
I thought he still did well further forward. He knows when to pass and his weight of pass is almost always perfect but yeah he’s definitely better sitting in front of the defence. He’ll be better than Jorginho because they have the same skillset but he’s faster and seems to read the game better defensively.

Everyone’s singing his praises and rightly so but he’s still a young player and will have inconsistent performances in the future. Hope fans don’t start being reactionary when he has a couple of bad games. This fanbase can be a bit toxic lately
bj27
Rep:
?
It’s fine. You’ve got bigger fish to fry this season so we can understand not being bothered about the FA Cuo loss.

I thought he still did well further forward. He knows when to pass and his weight of pass is almost always perfect but yeah he’s definitely better sitting in front of the defence. He’ll be better than Jorginho because they have the same skillset but he’s faster and seems to read the game better defensively.

Everyone’s singing his praises and rightly so but he’s still a young player and will have inconsistent performances in the future. Hope fans don’t start being reactionary when he has a couple of bad games. This fanbase can be a bit toxic lately
Yeah, so far so good with Billy.

What I think is that Gilmour at this moment in time can do the passing and stuff but he's not super quick, not a presser/shooter like Mount either. He's more a pass and move guy but he covers the defence well. Lampard found the correct position for him.

Also Reece James slotting in seamlessly at DM was beautiful to see. Such a good player man. It's nice seeing these young boys do their thing and taking their chances. I feel like Zouma had a few dodgy moments but was overall solid, don't trust him playing the ball, Rudiger improved today from his nonsense last month or so which is good too. Doesn't change my opinion on who needs to be sold or bought because in all honesty Everton were extremely poor today. Barkley playing like the player he can be is good though, maybe because he knows RLC will take his spot once he's fit.

For the most part Kepa did well, probably helps when the people in front of you do their actual job, he's stopped punching every ball and actually comes to claim which is nice. Getting him out of the spotlight has helped definitely.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Tbh mate you guys went through an awful patch for a few months, but you’ve legitimately looked excellent recently. No complaints about the FA Cup loss - Adrian’s mistake was huge but I don’t think we would’ve gotten ourselves going regardless.

We’ll obviously have won the league when you come to Anfield in May, which could make it easier. However if we still need points to break the record, it’ll be an interesting one.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Gilmour is Fabregas 2.0.

Funny because Fabregas is his idol as well. Plays just like him very high game IQ for a young player.
bj27
Rep:
?
Gilmour is Fabregas 2.0.

Funny because Fabregas is his idol as well. Plays just like him very high game IQ for a young player.
needs to improve the long range passing to be considered like a fabregas, I think he could be more like a Xabi Alonso if he improved the long range passing. right now he's basically like Jorginho in terms of style of play.

I think it's refreshing when you see a young player do well but we can't get too carried away
chigyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So what happens to the top 4 if this season gets cancelled?
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51909519

Lol how tf is our squad worth more than PSG? And Juventus? Love to see how this was calculated.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Nichrome)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51909519

Lol how tf is our squad worth more than PSG? And Juventus? Love to see how this was calculated.
No idea for PSG but Juventus is probably because our side has lots of youngsters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (45)
60%
No (30)
40%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed