The Student Room Group

Chelsea F.C. Thread IX

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by trapking
You've got Barkley and did you sell off Drinkwater or is he just on loan?

loan but loftus cheek is better than sensi.
Original post by bj27
loan but loftus cheek is better than sensi.

Delete.

L.
Reply 62
Delete.

L.

Not even, Loftus Cheek is beasty. Great on the dribble, can pass can shoot.

In terms of output he can do a lot.
Reply 63
Original post by Nichrome
He's a great player, too bad he is extremely fragile. It's difficult to see his career getting off the ground if this constant level of injury keeps up.

agreed. that's it really for him.

when he plays you see his quality on the pitch and tbh he's our best player.

I'm gonna put it out now that I wanna see Kante in a 2 with kovacic until we sort our defence issues out. he's our best defensive minded midfielder (even though he is not a defensive midfielder) and that's where he should play, box to box with more emphasis on the defence like he did with Matic.
Reply 64
What’s happened to this thread? Solid win against Liverpool and another great win against Everton this afternoon and not a word from anyone?

Anyway, Gilmour is killing it. Elite mentality and plays with the composure of a seasoned professional. Hope we handle him well
Reply 65
Original post by Skkc16
What’s happened to this thread? Solid win against Liverpool and another great win against Everton this afternoon and not a word from anyone?

Anyway, Gilmour is killing it. Elite mentality and plays with the composure of a seasoned professional. Hope we handle him well

I don’t remember playing Chelsea recently... 👀
Reply 66
Original post by Skkc16

what I'd say with Gilmour is that he's good defensive midfielder, he's more like a Jorginho type player. I don't like him further forward
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by Lúcio
I don’t remember playing Chelsea recently... 👀

It’s fine. You’ve got bigger fish to fry this season so we can understand not being bothered about the FA Cuo loss.
Original post by bj27
what I'd say with Gilmour is that he's good defensive midfielder, he's more like a Jorginho type player. I don't like him further forward

I thought he still did well further forward. He knows when to pass and his weight of pass is almost always perfect but yeah he’s definitely better sitting in front of the defence. He’ll be better than Jorginho because they have the same skillset but he’s faster and seems to read the game better defensively.

Everyone’s singing his praises and rightly so but he’s still a young player and will have inconsistent performances in the future. Hope fans don’t start being reactionary when he has a couple of bad games. This fanbase can be a bit toxic lately
Reply 68
Original post by Skkc16
It’s fine. You’ve got bigger fish to fry this season so we can understand not being bothered about the FA Cuo loss.

I thought he still did well further forward. He knows when to pass and his weight of pass is almost always perfect but yeah he’s definitely better sitting in front of the defence. He’ll be better than Jorginho because they have the same skillset but he’s faster and seems to read the game better defensively.

Everyone’s singing his praises and rightly so but he’s still a young player and will have inconsistent performances in the future. Hope fans don’t start being reactionary when he has a couple of bad games. This fanbase can be a bit toxic lately

Yeah, so far so good with Billy.

What I think is that Gilmour at this moment in time can do the passing and stuff but he's not super quick, not a presser/shooter like Mount either. He's more a pass and move guy but he covers the defence well. Lampard found the correct position for him.

Also Reece James slotting in seamlessly at DM was beautiful to see. Such a good player man. It's nice seeing these young boys do their thing and taking their chances. I feel like Zouma had a few dodgy moments but was overall solid, don't trust him playing the ball, Rudiger improved today from his nonsense last month or so which is good too. Doesn't change my opinion on who needs to be sold or bought because in all honesty Everton were extremely poor today. Barkley playing like the player he can be is good though, maybe because he knows RLC will take his spot once he's fit.

For the most part Kepa did well, probably helps when the people in front of you do their actual job, he's stopped punching every ball and actually comes to claim which is nice. Getting him out of the spotlight has helped definitely.
Reply 69
Original post by Skkc16

Tbh mate you guys went through an awful patch for a few months, but you’ve legitimately looked excellent recently. No complaints about the FA Cup loss - Adrian’s mistake was huge but I don’t think we would’ve gotten ourselves going regardless.

We’ll obviously have won the league when you come to Anfield in May, which could make it easier. However if we still need points to break the record, it’ll be an interesting one.
Gilmour is Fabregas 2.0.

Funny because Fabregas is his idol as well. Plays just like him very high game IQ for a young player.
Reply 71
Gilmour is Fabregas 2.0.

Funny because Fabregas is his idol as well. Plays just like him very high game IQ for a young player.

needs to improve the long range passing to be considered like a fabregas, I think he could be more like a Xabi Alonso if he improved the long range passing. right now he's basically like Jorginho in terms of style of play.

I think it's refreshing when you see a young player do well but we can't get too carried away
Reply 72
So what happens to the top 4 if this season gets cancelled?
Reply 73
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51909519

Lol how tf is our squad worth more than PSG? And Juventus? Love to see how this was calculated.

No idea for PSG but Juventus is probably because our side has lots of youngsters.
You're signing Timo Werner!

You're also in talks to get Chillwell....I expected some hype but shocked to see how quiet it is.
Werner is a great signing this summer along with the already bought Ziyech. Now if we can get Sancho and strengthen our defence what a team we'll have for next season.
Reply 76
Don't think we'll get Sancho on top of this, if you look at our signings and the prices we are willing to pay we are clearly looking for the best deals. £120M for Sancho is not the best deal right now, guy has priced himself out of a move to us tbh.

Would be great to be proved wrong but I see him going to United, if they were to sell Pogba.
Reply 77
Tbh we dont even need sancho now if we get werner. We need to look at the defence thats more important.
Reply 78
Let's fruitlessly chase Koulibaly again for another season.

For real though, who would be a good available CB that we could afford?

If we do not sign a centre back I'm done with life.

Erm I think worst comes to worst just sign Jerome boateng on a 2 year
Reply 79
We can afford anyone we want tbh. Abramovich bought a painting for over £100million the other day and he bought a mansion for £50million so money is not an issue for him atm. No staff have been furloughed and I think our players only gave up 10% of their wages.

In terms of transfers, Sancho seems to be less likely compared to Havertz who is looking to cost between £75million and £85 million. He’s probably got the edge because he’s more versatile. Lampard seems to be interested in attackers who can play multiple roles hence the Ziyech and Werner signings.

We haven’t been linked with many CBs aside from Ake and I’m not even sure the Koulibaly links are genuine atm so I’m not convinced that’s a position Lampard is desperate to sort out. Left Back seems more pressing for him and Telles and Tagliafico seemed like good links imo especially considering their experience and price but Chilwell seems to be a front runner. I’m not convinced by him personally especially not for £60million+ or whatever ridiculous price Leicester are valuing him at.

We are having a good window though. Reminds me of when we signed Costa and Fabregas. Get the business done as quick as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest