is aston uni better than uni of birminham for medicine
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 13sanjob)
is aston uni better than uni of birminham for medicine
For medicine all recognised degrees are good. The important thing is to find the course and environment that best suits you.
rhorwood
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys,

I am looking for a replacement tenant to take over my accommodation next year (2020/2021). The accomodation is on Aston Campus and is with Unite Students. It's discounted too at £139 a week and I can vouch that the other people you share with are lovely! Very tidy and friendly and medical students!. More details below:
- 3/4 size double bed with en-suite
- 45 week contract: 04 Sep 2020 - 19 July 2021
- £139 a week
- Lakeside accomodation, B4 7EJ
- < 5 min walk to BCU and Aston University
- 10 min walk to bullring
- Own building's post room and study space (see images for full features included)
- Shared with 9 others, all very respectful and tidy

Facilities:
- Laundry
- Printing
- Vending machine
- Bike storage
- Recycling
- Common area

Living essentials (free):
- MyUnite app
- Wi-Fi (in your flat and communal areas)
- Heating
- Water
- Gas
- Electric

Safety and security:
- Secure access
- 24/7 assistance
- Onsite service team
- Maintenance support
- Fire system
- CCTV
- Contents insurance

I also studied first year medicine at Aston so if you have any questions let me know!
13sanjob
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by rhorwood)
Hey guys,

I am looking for a replacement tenant to take over my accommodation next year (2020/2021). The accomodation is on Aston Campus and is with Unite Students. It's discounted too at £139 a week and I can vouch that the other people you share with are lovely! Very tidy and friendly and medical students!. More details below:
- 3/4 size double bed with en-suite
- 45 week contract: 04 Sep 2020 - 19 July 2021
- £139 a week
- Lakeside accomodation, B4 7EJ
- < 5 min walk to BCU and Aston University
- 10 min walk to bullring
- Own building's post room and study space (see images for full features included)
- Shared with 9 others, all very respectful and tidy

Facilities:
- Laundry
- Printing
- Vending machine
- Bike storage
- Recycling
- Common area

Living essentials (free):
- MyUnite app
- Wi-Fi (in your flat and communal areas)
- Heating
- Water
- Gas
- Electric

Safety and security:
- Secure access
- 24/7 assistance
- Onsite service team
- Maintenance support
- Fire system
- CCTV
- Contents insurance

I also studied first year medicine at Aston so if you have any questions let me know!
whats its like in aston uni and how are the people ? What course are you studying now in Aston Uni ? what studying Medicine like and what grades do you need for A levels for med. What do they want for GCSE requirement for English & Maths
rhorwood
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I studied medicine there. I don’t know what it’s like to other unis but because it was a new course and I was only the second year ever, it was a little disorganised. I think definitely good enough to teach you thoroughly, however a lot of group work, which didn’t really suit me. Quite nice that it’s a small year group and uni and that the accommodation is literally 2-5mins away. There’s quite a large Muslim community in Aston and on the course, this was never a problem for me and should never be a problem but it definitely means that many people there were pushed to do medicine by their parents.I’m looking for someone to take over my accommodation there in September and if you’re studying medicine it’s perfect because it’s shared with other med students! It’s on campus too so 5 min walk away from the uni. I also got it discounted.
13sanjob
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by rhorwood)
I studied medicine there. I don’t know what it’s like to other unis but because it was a new course and I was only the second year ever, it was a little disorganised. I think definitely good enough to teach you thoroughly, however a lot of group work, which didn’t really suit me. Quite nice that it’s a small year group and uni and that the accommodation is literally 2-5mins away. There’s quite a large Muslim community in Aston and on the course, this was never a problem for me and should never be a problem but it definitely means that many people there were pushed to do medicine by their parents.I’m looking for someone to take over my accommodation there in September and if you’re studying medicine it’s perfect because it’s shared with other med students! It’s on campus too so 5 min walk away from the uni. I also got it discounted.
also thats amazing that there a large muslim community and I feel like I will fit in aston and get along very well with the people, also how is the accomadation and what grades do you need to get for A levels.
rhorwood
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Have a look on Aston Medical School website for up to date grade requirements, but when I applied it was AAA but I got AAB and they still let me in. Accommodation is cheap compared to other universities. I was in a 5 bed flat with a double en-suite and thought it was quite nice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.61%
No (650)
65.39%

Watched Threads