What happens regarding accommodation at end of 1st year in university?

Watch
Lbardett
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If I move to a different city (York) for University from Newcastle, I’ll be living in the halls in the university of York.

I was wondering when the year finishes for the summer, do I have to move out straight away and move everything I’ve took down there with me back up to Newcastle?

It’s a bit pointless as I would come home for the summer, but it would be a hassle taking everything back to York for the second year - would I live somewhere differently?

Or can I not keep my things in my room over the summer, then pay for my new room in September
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lbardett)
If I move to a different city (York) for University from Newcastle, I’ll be living in the halls in the university of York.

I was wondering when the year finishes for the summer, do I have to move out straight away and move everything I’ve took down there with me back up to Newcastle?

It’s a bit pointless as I would come home for the summer, but it would be a hassle taking everything back to York for the second year - would I live somewhere differently?

Or can I not keep my things in my room over the summer, then pay for my new room in September
Its not all that far - there is a direct train! Best to ask on the York forum as universities vary in whether many students stay in halls for the second year or (more common) move into houses. Assuming its to a house you might find that the rent for the new place starts in July and you can move your things straight in. If you are not going to stay in the house there might be a problem with insurance for your possessions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
73.33%
No (4)
13.33%
Not sure (4)
13.33%

Watched Threads