Stxdent
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I took A level spanish because I thought I was good at it in GCSE ( I got a 9), but it’s so much harder and now I’m failing but I need an A for the uni course I want to do.
Does anyone who’s been through this/ got good grades have any advice for me in what to study and how to just get my grades up much appreciated
water.pigeon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm struggling much as you are, but I want to do spanish at uni as well, eek!! mostly tho, I've found that keeping up to date with news, or reading absolutely anything in Spanish is a big help-mostly because if you're reading the news you're probably gonna get info that relates directly to the topics you're doing (idk what board ur school is doing but most probably is relevant), and since its outside of the textbook you will find words you've been trying to learn in a new context, or new words that you will start to learn, and this is the best way to advance in any language.
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got an A in my French mock, so I can give you revision advice, at least! Basically, you need to understand how the language is used in all the different forms. Listening to podcasts and songs will help with this, even when you don't completely understand everything. Learning as much vocab as possible is necessary - I try to do 20 mins per day of vocab and am trying to learn all my textbook vocab first and foremost as it's what AQA has used in the past, so they're likely to again.
With essays, you have to be very concise - unlike English, you don't have to deeply analyse or provide too many contrasting opinions, but you do have to show a level of evaluation that shows that you're opinion is the product of study.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (177)
15.27%
Uncertainty around my education (192)
16.57%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (113)
9.75%
Isolating with family (79)
6.82%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (44)
3.8%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (99)
8.54%
Loneliness (113)
9.75%
Financial worries (51)
4.4%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (108)
9.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (84)
7.25%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (99)
8.54%

Watched Threads