Travel ideas?

Watch
abcthe123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So. I'm a 21 year old guy and I work full time. I don't really have many expenses so I'm able to save most if not all of my money aside from bare essentials like food and transport.

Over the last few months I've been questioning myself as to why I'm even working. I'm not concerned about buying a house or anything else like that as it's pretty much sorted.

I'm hoping to have something like £8500 saved up by June or July and I want to travel.Part of me wants to just rent an apartment somewhere hot and interesting for a couple of months but I'm worried I might get bored.

Ideas?
21ForEva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abcthe123)
So. I'm a 21 year old guy and I work full time. I don't really have many expenses so I'm able to save most if not all of my money aside from bare essentials like food and transport.

Over the last few months I've been questioning myself as to why I'm even working. I'm not concerned about buying a house or anything else like that as it's pretty much sorted.

I'm hoping to have something like £8500 saved up by June or July and I want to travel.Part of me wants to just rent an apartment somewhere hot and interesting for a couple of months but I'm worried I might get bored.

Ideas?
You could volunteer on those programmes and help in specific areas such as schools, youth, transport, health/hygiene, animals. Or you could do a summer camp in America or something?

Yeah if you're not concerned about buying a house or any other large investment then I see why you're questioning why you're working when you're still so young.

If you get bored, you can always come back and do a course in something you've always wanted to learn. My hobby is filmmaking (never got to go and do a course in this and actually make a film with a crew and everything) and although I work full time, I would like to take a break and do those 2-3months filmmaking courses - maybe there's something like this where you can use your savings on.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
30.19%
No (333)
69.81%

Watched Threads