Not sure when I will get into a relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it weird that I am an 18 year old boy and have never been in a relationship before? I went to an all boy secondary school ( it was the local school so all my mates were there) and throughout years 7-11 i never even thought about a relationship, this may have partially been due to the fact I was rarely around girls. However, 6th form is mixed and unsurprisingly, since the start of sixth form more and more relationships have been starting to form. Some of mates had never been in relationships before sixth form but know most of them are. If I wanted to, I could have been in a relationship by now as I know of a few girls that have crushes on me although I haven't really been interested in them. But I just don't feel any rush, like in all honesty there is nobody in my School who really appeals to me, and I'm focusing on my A levels at the moment so right now I don't have any plans to get into a relationship until I'm done with school. Once I'm in uni I would be much more open to it and I think when I'm in uni I will start looking for a relationship a bit, but again I don't really see any rush so maybe even in uni I won't be looking for one immediately. As I asked earlier, is it strange that I'm thinking like this, most people I know have already had a girlfriend unless they are unable to. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my school who is able to get a girlfriend but still hasn't had one. I feel as though all of my mates have found an ideal match already but mine just hasn't come along yet? Am I kidding myself? will i find it hard to get into a relationship or has anyone else ever had a similar sort of thing as me? Would appreciate some feedback
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No it's not strange for you to think like this. It's perfectly reasonable for you to think this and you're waiting for your ideal match - it's much better looking for someone you think will last longer than a fling for the sake of it. It's hard to say you will find it hard to get into a relationship until you try but don't worry if you think you wont be able to be in one because you will, just focus on your a levels like you wanted to
blueberrybowl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you’re lucky to feel the way you do! sometimes when you don’t have someone you can feel lonely or like someone is missing from your life, but you obviously don’t feel like that. go you!

you obviously haven’t met the right person. when you do, you’ll want to be in a relationship with her.

you have a very logical attitude towards this as well. it’s probably best to not get into a relationship while in education, because at the end of A levels you’ll most likely not be around a s.o. as you’ll go to different unis etc. but if the right girl does come along, i’m sure a relationship would be worth it

if you’ve never had a relationship before then it might be tricky when you do get into one, it’s just fear of the unknown and you don’t know what to do etc. but with the right person it will feel natural
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it weird that I am an 18 year old boy and have never been in a relationship before? I went to an all boy secondary school ( it was the local school so all my mates were there) and throughout years 7-11 i never even thought about a relationship, this may have partially been due to the fact I was rarely around girls. However, 6th form is mixed and unsurprisingly, since the start of sixth form more and more relationships have been starting to form. Some of mates had never been in relationships before sixth form but know most of them are. If I wanted to, I could have been in a relationship by now as I know of a few girls that have crushes on me although I haven't really been interested in them. But I just don't feel any rush, like in all honesty there is nobody in my School who really appeals to me, and I'm focusing on my A levels at the moment so right now I don't have any plans to get into a relationship until I'm done with school. Once I'm in uni I would be much more open to it and I think when I'm in uni I will start looking for a relationship a bit, but again I don't really see any rush so maybe even in uni I won't be looking for one immediately. As I asked earlier, is it strange that I'm thinking like this, most people I know have already had a girlfriend unless they are unable to. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in my school who is able to get a girlfriend but still hasn't had one. I feel as though all of my mates have found an ideal match already but mine just hasn't come along yet? Am I kidding myself? will i find it hard to get into a relationship or has anyone else ever had a similar sort of thing as me? Would appreciate some feedback
Hi, I am in a similar position to you. I am 18 and about to start university. I am single and have always been that way. I have never had a relationship although my situation is more complex due to the fact that I went to a mixed school but was always seen as “one of the guys” due to me loving football. The boys never saw me as a girlfriend type however I have had similar questions to you ; will I ever get in a relationship, will it happen at uni? And I guess the truth is you never really know until you put yourself in that position. I am very much like you in the sense that I would be open to something but don’t want to force anything.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it isn't strange at all - especially considering that you went to an all-boys school.

In university (and beyond) your social circle will become larger and you will be more likely to find someone who you connect with.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 1 month ago
dj_ad_1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Tbh i used to be like u a few months ago (im the same age as u) and now i think ive found the one. But like i think that ull find someone at the right time and place and its better to have one gf rather than one so dont let ur past get to u. Btw my gf now has a friend whos also looking for a bf and like if ur a loyal guy i think she wouldnt mind u aha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.72%
No (52)
22.13%
Not sure (45)
19.15%

Watched Threads