Univrsity of Leeds - Interview rejection 2020

Watch
Madeeha2309
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I don’t know if it’s possible but would the University of Leeds be able to reconsider your application for an interview?. I know how extremely busy they are due to the amount of applications received. However I think it’s unfair and everyone should be given the same opportunity. Anyway has anyone else received any rejections from Leeds regarding an interview for Diagnostic Radiography?
Laycity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Madeeha2309)
Hi, I don’t know if it’s possible but would the University of Leeds be able to reconsider your application for an interview?. I know how extremely busy they are due to the amount of applications received. However I think it’s unfair and everyone should be given the same opportunity. Anyway has anyone else received any rejections from Leeds regarding an interview for Diagnostic Radiography?
It's obviously a competitive course and they logistically can't interview everybody who has applied. You've fallen short on whatever shortlisting process they use and they are unlikely to change their mind on this. Where else have you applied?
Last edited by Laycity; 1 month ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not unfair if you failed to meet one of their listed criteria - for example, do you have the relevant science grades/predicted grades they state that they are looking for on their website? Do you have evidence of relevant work experience in a hospital or similar?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've moved our thread to a more relevant section
Madeeha2309
Rep:
?
Yeah I have met all the relevant criteria, I am doing science based subjects and predicted quite high. I’ve had experience shadowing a radiographer and much more. So I don’t know why and I do believe it is unfair.
Madeeha2309
Rep:
?
Just Bradford and Leeds
Laycity
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I have met all the relevant criteria, I am doing science based subjects and predicted quite high. I’ve had experience shadowing a radiographer and much more. So I don’t know why and I do believe it is unfair.
Leeds is number one in the country for your course by the look of it so is naturally going to be very competitive.

You say "predicted quite high" - are your predicted A levels ABB or higher?
Madeeha2309
Rep:
?
I’m predicted AAB
Madeeha2309
Rep:
?
What do you think I should do? I’m really lost now
beckadru
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wasn’t rejected for interview by leeds but I was by salford, I think it’s just down to the amount of people who are applying vs how many they actually take on, you could always call up or ring admissions and ask why exactly it is that they’ve rejected you or I think it tells you on ucas track their reason briefly. Salford told me that their reasoning was because my grades weren’t high enough - they were actually well above what they wanted and I already my grades, I think it’s just down to how little amount of people they actually take on the course, I think salford take 40 out of 600 applicants
Madeeha2309
Rep:
?
Yeah I did try that they told me to email them, I do hope they reconsider my applicatio
beckadru
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I did try that they told me to email them, I do hope they reconsider my applicatio
I thought leeds were going to reject my application because I didn’t hear back from them for ages, I emailed admissions and suddenly they gave me an interview so maybe if you do email admissions they might reconsider it but I’m not sure how they would go about it. Do you have any interviews or offers from other unis or is it just leeds that you want to go to?
Madeeha2309
Rep:
?
I really want to go to Leeds I just don’t know why they would reject me even though I’ve got everything that they look for in a candidate. I heard back on Friday
Madeeha2309
Rep:
?
But I don’t think admissions would really care to be honest
gabbyisaacs010
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no but i got a rejection for music, ive set my heart on Salford though o not too bummed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (272)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.92%
Isolating with family (123)
7.01%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.5%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (147)
8.38%
Loneliness (174)
9.92%
Financial worries (70)
3.99%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (160)
9.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (125)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (156)
8.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed