Nervous in my lectures all the time

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m a first year student at uni. I study Sociology. I’d say I’m a pretty confident person overall. I can’t shut up around my family and friends. But when I’m in my lectures or seminars I just get so anxious. I dislike one of my lecturers because of the way he teaches and he seems to expect us to know more than we do. I enjoyed the previous semester a lot more. This semester - full of BS! I’m starting to wonder if uni is really for me anyway.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m a first year student at uni. I study Sociology. I’d say I’m a pretty confident person overall. I can’t shut up around my family and friends. But when I’m in my lectures or seminars I just get so anxious. I dislike one of my lecturers because of the way he teaches and he seems to expect us to know more than we do. I enjoyed the previous semester a lot more. This semester - full of BS! I’m starting to wonder if uni is really for me anyway.
I woukdnt allow the style of one lecturer to ruin the experience for you, for the couple hours a week your there put up with him but you can forget & move on after the module.

What are you nervous about? Something specific or just a loose sense of anxiety? perhaps getting in there a couple minutes early and doing some breathing exercises or something might calm you down.
verifypluto
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am like this, though I can advise that it helps to talk to those around you in the lectures, and make friends with them to get used to being in that environment, see if they are in a similar position to you. You can always talk to your lecturers after the lecture is over, or if you have a student representative or course leader you could message or talk to about how you're feeling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads