The Student Room Group

Kinda long but need help please

Okay so, around a month ago I was drunk and got with a guy on campus and didn't use protection (stupid, I know). Anyway, a week later I had "tonsillitis" but was certain it was an STI. I went to the doctors and they put me on antibiotics, it cleared a little but then came back (They don't test for STI'S) As well as taking the antibiotics, I took the morning after pill (lasts up to five days after) and a few days after this, I received the implant. I was experiencing other symptoms such as fever and abdominal pain so I decided that I would go to get tested for STI's to which it came back positive for Chlamydia. I've now been on antibiotics for this and still have had the abdominal pain (have a few days left of antibiotics). I'm worried since I've missed my period but I'm not sure if that's due to having the implant or not or whether the morning-after pill didn't work? or maybe my body is confused with the amount of medication I've been taking over the last couple of weeks? Also, does anyone know how long I'm likely to have abdominal pain for and if this should go as soon as the antibiotics have finished? I'd appreciate any support, I'm not quite sure what to do
Sorry to hear that, it sounds very stressful. :frown:
1) Get a pregnancy test. Get them from a 'boots' probably and you can always pay at self check-out to avoid potential humiliation, although there is NOTHING to be humiliated about, it happens to lots of people.
2) Antibiotics are often the cause of some difficulty, maybe ask a doctor if probiotics would help (anti-antibiotics I guess you could say, lol)
3) Tell a very close friend and get some comfort, maybe someone from home?
4) Get some rest, don't stay up too late, too often- give your body a chance to recuperate.
5) Use ibuprofen if things are particularly bad.
6) Use a straight posture when seated and do stretches to potentially clear back pain.

PM me if problems persist! I hope I can help :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply!

I'll take a test just to make sure. I'm just wondering, how would probiotics work?
Also, I don't have anyone to tell and it's been a little stressful to keep to myself. I'm worried about any sign that something is happening to my body and I feel I will be judged if I was to tell my mum. She already knows about the STI but I'm certain she believes that I'm sleeping around when I'm not. The antibiotics that I've been taking have also been making me feel sick as well as really sleepy so I've been catching up with sleep but I've missed classes due to feeling ill and now I'm behind which is making things worse
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for your reply!

I'll take a test just to make sure. I'm just wondering, how would probiotics work?
Also, I don't have anyone to tell and it's been a little stressful to keep to myself. I'm worried about any sign that something is happening to my body and I feel I will be judged if I was to tell my mum. She already knows about the STI but I'm certain she believes that I'm sleeping around when I'm not. The antibiotics that I've been taking have also been making me feel sick as well as really sleepy so I've been catching up with sleep but I've missed classes due to feeling ill and now I'm behind which is making things worse

I don't know what you can afford, but melatonin tablets have really helped me with fatigue as I have CFS! Not sure how probiotics work, but I had them after I had an operation on my jaw and needed antibiotics! Antibiotics can be a huge pain in the ass! You can add me on snapchat if you want, its eden_sawdust , ill try to help as much as possible

Quick Reply

Latest