Katherine192
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey, so I am currently in year 11 and need to hand in my A level choices form soon and have no idea what to take. I currently have a drama and Geography scholarship for the school I am thinking of going to, and so I am expected to take both of these subjects at A-Level. However, I . wanted to study either Psychology, Drama, or Geography at uni. I currently take separate science at GCSE and although I dislike sciences I would be happy to take them as a A-Level if needed. Which subjects should I take for A-level? Thank you
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Katherine192)
Hey, so I am currently in year 11 and need to hand in my A level choices form soon and have no idea what to take. I currently have a drama and Geography scholarship for the school I am thinking of going to, and so I am expected to take both of these subjects at A-Level. However, I . wanted to study either Psychology, Drama, or Geography at uni. I currently take separate science at GCSE and although I dislike sciences I would be happy to take them as a A-Level if needed. Which subjects should I take for A-level? Thank you
perhaps i have misunderstood or misread your thread... why not just Psychology, Drama and Geography A levels...??

you should really do 2 traditional subjects, particularly for the top, top unis (so Geog, maths and Drama would be better - particularly for the stats element in psychology), however unis are so 'unselective' these days (opposite to the tend in the US), that most unis will accept anyone with a pulse providing they meet the minimum grade requirements. so you're good
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey Katherine192

Congratulations on your scholarship offers!

Some universities do not require you to have specific A-Levels for the subjects you are interested in studying. However, I would look at the websites of the universities that appeal to you and look at their entry requirements for Drama, Geography and Psychology degrees. It is important to note, that some universities including Hope, ask for GCSE Grade C or 4/5 in Mathematics in order for you to study Psychology at uni.

If you are wanting to study those subjects at university, studying them at A-Level may be helpful. Most importantly, I would study subjects at A-Level that you enjoy as it is the next step in your educational career and is naturally going to be more challenging.

I hope you find this helpful.

Good luck with your choices

Ashley
Katherine192
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hey Katherine192

Congratulations on your scholarship offers!

Some universities do not require you to have specific A-Levels for the subjects you are interested in studying. However, I would look at the websites of the universities that appeal to you and look at their entry requirements for Drama, Geography and Psychology degrees. It is important to note, that some universities including Hope, ask for GCSE Grade C or 4/5 in Mathematics in order for you to study Psychology at uni.

If you are wanting to study those subjects at university, studying them at A-Level may be helpful. Most importantly, I would study subjects at A-Level that you enjoy as it is the next step in your educational career and is naturally going to be more challenging.

I hope you find this helpful.

Good luck with your choices

Ashley
Hey thank you so much, this reply helped a lot. I looked into universities that offer a Forensic psychology course (which is what I now want to go into). After consideration I decided to take Geography, Drama, Psychology and Biology. Thank you so much for your help
Katherine192
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
perhaps i have misunderstood or misread your thread... why not just Psychology, Drama and Geography A levels...??

you should really do 2 traditional subjects, particularly for the top, top unis (so Geog, maths and Drama would be better - particularly for the stats element in psychology), however unis are so 'unselective' these days (opposite to the tend in the US), that most unis will accept anyone with a pulse providing they meet the minimum grade requirements. so you're good

Hey thank you so much, this reply helped a lot. I looked into universities that offer a Forensic psychology course (which is what I now want to go into) and their requirements . After consideration I decided to take Geography, Drama, Psychology and Biology. Thank you so much for your help
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Katherine192)
Hey thank you so much, this reply helped a lot. I looked into universities that offer a Forensic psychology course (which is what I now want to go into). After consideration I decided to take Geography, Drama, Psychology and Biology. Thank you so much for your help
Glad to help! Best of luck with your studies! :five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads