Rnp92.1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I attended the Child Nursing Applicant Event Day 15/2/20 and am now just waiting rather nervously on whether or not I’ll be made an offer. Anyone else?!?! 😬
Last edited by Rnp92.1; 1 month ago
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was there too! Have you heard yet?
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daisy2723)
I was there too! Have you heard yet?
No, I haven’t. It’s so agonizing! I was hoping by now to have heard, but I’m taking no news as good news.

Have you heard anything yet?
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a thing. I’m refreshing my emails every 5 minutes like a woman possessed 🙈 hope to hear soon. Were you there in the morning or afternoon?
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
Not a thing. I’m refreshing my emails every 5 minutes like a woman possessed 🙈 hope to hear soon. Were you there in the morning or afternoon?
Same!!! I go between my emails and Track as much as I can. It’s driving me insane the wait 😩🙈🙈 In the morning 0915-1245 I was there. Were you AM or PM?
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rnp92.1)
Same!!! I go between my emails and Track as much as I can. It’s driving me insane the wait 😩🙈🙈 In the morning 0915-1245 I was there. Were you AM or PM?
I was there in the morning. In the second group interview. I don’t know anyone else that was there so I’m glad I’ve found your post so I know that it’s not just me that hasn’t heard 😂
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
I was there in the morning. In the second group interview. I don’t know anyone else that was there so I’m glad I’ve found your post so I know that it’s not just me that hasn’t heard 😂
I see! I was in the first group for the discussion. It wasn’t as bad as I had envisioned it to be, but I was still so nervous and left thinking, “did I say enough? Did I interact enough?! Oh I forgot to say that!” It’s a rollercoaster of emotions waiting to find out!!! 🙈

Have you applied to other uni’s for Child Nursing? I’ve also applied to Napier, but haven’t even heard a peep from them yet about interviews or anything.
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see! I was in the first group for the discussion. It wasn’t as bad as I had envisioned it to be, but I was still so nervous and left thinking, “did I say enough? Did I interact enough?! Oh I forgot to say that!” It’s a rollercoaster of emotions waiting to find out!!! 🙈

Have you applied to other uni’s for Child Nursing? I’ve also applied to Napier, but haven’t even heard a peep from them yet about interviews or anything.
No Napier is just too far away for me realistically so Cali is my only hope. Can’t believe you haven’t heard anything from them at all! It’s getting so late.
I do have an offer from UWS for adult but I really want to do child.
I didn’t find the interview hard but same I walked out thinking oh I should have said this or that and wondering if I made enough of an impact with what I did say because everyone’s answers were so good
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
No Napier is just too far away for me realistically so Cali is my only hope. Can’t believe you haven’t heard anything from them at all! It’s getting so late.
I didn’t find the interview hard but same I walked out thinking oh I should have said this or that and wondering if I made enough of an impact with what I did say because everyone’s answers were so good
GCU is my hope, too. I’m kind of in the middle - I’m 30 mins from Napier and 40min from Cali by car, but I’m really, really hoping to be a GCU child nursing student. Their open day sold me. And their recent event day we were at now has got my heart set on it. I’m surprised I haven’t heard from Napier, too. I have another applicant event day but for Adult at GCU in March, but like you I really want to do Child Nursing. I hope we hear early next week And that it’s positive news!! 🤞🏻
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GCU is my hope, too. I’m kind of in the middle - I’m 30 mins from Napier and 40min from Cali by car, but I’m really, really hoping to be a GCU child nursing student. Their open day sold me. And their recent event day we were at now has got my heart set on it. I’m surprised I haven’t heard from Napier, too. I have another applicant event day but for Adult at GCU in March, but like you I really want to do Child Nursing. I hope we hear early next week And that it’s positive news!! 🤞🏻
Me too! Let me know when you hear and I’ll do the same.
I really thought it would be this week since she said she was giving her decisions to admissions on Tuesday but hopefully it’s early next week!
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
I really thought it would be this week since she said she was giving her decisions to admissions on Tuesday but hopefully it’s early next week!
I know that’s why I’ve been constantly refreshing my emails and logging frantically in to Track all day long 🙈😂 I’m hoping for early next week, too. I definitely will let you know when I hear. So glad I haven’t been the only one worrying in the dark waiting to hear back!!
Jo888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi can i ask when you heard from UWS , i attended a few weeks ago and not heard anything since☹
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jo888)
Hi can i ask when you heard from UWS , i attended a few weeks ago and not heard anything since☹
ey I heard that afternoon. A girl I was there with heard the next day. I attended an interview mid December. The guy said that definite yes people would hear that week, definite no’s would hear that week and anyone that didn’t were in the middle pile so would need to wait til the other applicant days were done. Sorry thats a bit rubbish to hear. I’d maybe give the admissions a call and ask them? Take it as a good thing that you’re not in their no pile? x
Jo888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ey I heard that afternoon. A girl I was there with heard the next day. I attended an interview mid December. The guy said that definite yes people would hear that week, definite no’s would hear that week and anyone that didn’t were in the middle pile so would need to wait til the other applicant days were done. Sorry thats a bit rubbish to hear. I’d maybe give the admissions a call and ask them? Take it as a good thing that you’re not in their no pile? x
Hi thanks for the reply , it's just not nice waiting☹
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jo888)
Hi thanks for the reply , it's just not nice waiting☹
I totally get that. I feel the same waiting on Cali but all we can do is cross our fingers and hope we made a good impression x
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey! Have you heard back yet on a decision for BSc Child Nursing at GCU? I haven’t heard yet.
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! Have you heard back yet on a decision for BSc Child Nursing at GCU? I haven’t heard yet.
No 😩 can’t take it. Got the email from this notification And just about jumped off my chair 😂 thought maybe you had haha
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
No 😩 can’t take it. Got the email from this notification And just about jumped off my chair 😂 thought maybe you had haha
Sorry for the mini panic!!! 😂😂 I emailed them yesterday enquiring if there’s a timescale for decisions to be received and I got a reply just there which reads, “You should hear back with a decision from us within the next few weeks.” How agonizing is this btw?! 😩🙈😂 Trying to keep the mantra that “no news is good news.” 😅😅😅
Daisy2723
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry for the mini panic!!! 😂😂 I emailed them yesterday enquiring if there’s a timescale for decisions to be received and I got a reply just there which reads, “You should hear back with a decision from us within the next few weeks.” How agonizing is this btw?! 😩🙈😂 Trying to keep the mantra that “no news is good news.” 😅😅😅
Aw man alive. ‘Next few weeks’ can’t cope. That’s just too far away 😩. I wonder if they’ll make us wait til after the next applicant day. When I got my email inviting me, I had to log on and choose a date and time and the 7th of March was an option. So if they make us wait til that ones been done then we won’t hear til the week after that. Wish they would just say that tho if that’s the case.
Rnp92.1
Rep:
?
Aw man alive. ‘Next few weeks’ can’t cope. That’s just too far away 😩. I wonder if they’ll make us wait til after the next applicant day. When I got my email inviting me, I had to log on and choose a date and time and the 7th of March was an option. So if they make us wait til that ones been done then we won’t hear til the week after that. Wish they would just say that tho if that’s the case.
Aw man 😩 it’s so agonizing it’s making me totally paranoid 🙈😅 Arrggg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (106)
60.57%
No (69)
39.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise