Maddyyyy22
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
How hard is further maths really? I'm planning on sitting the cie exam board exam and I am currently predicted as an A for IGCSE. Will I be able to cope?
Sumi Shanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Maddyyyy22)
How hard is further maths really? I'm planning on sitting the cie exam board exam and I am currently predicted as an A for IGCSE. Will I be able to cope?
I got A* in additional maths in IGCSE and am still super struggling in HL maths. Its not easy and will require a loooootttttt of time.
crusty kebab
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
personally, I found further maths far easier than normal gcse maths. Thats because further maths was just pure maths. If you like maths and do lots of past paper questions, you'll find the content really easy.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
IMO how difficult it is can vary massively.

If you put hours in early on in A-levels spend more time really understanding conceptually whats happening in calculus, vectors, complex field etc. then it really doesn't have to be difficult. It really is a question of building a deep understanding of the logic and problem solving.

The problems people face with further maths, is they learn how to answer A-level maths calculus without a deep routed understanding of what and why things are happening and when to employ what strategy, this then leaves students more exposed in further maths as the complexity ramps up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (11)
18.33%
I'm not sure (2)
3.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
30%
I have already dropped out (3)
5%
I'm not a current university student (26)
43.33%

Watched Threads