The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York University Applicant Day

Hi, I got an offer for Psychology and I've booked an applicant day. I'm going with my mum and I know there is a guest programme for parents but I would prefer it if my mum is with me on the actual programme instead. Would that be possible?
Original post by _0602
Hi, I got an offer for Psychology and I've booked an applicant day. I'm going with my mum and I know there is a guest programme for parents but I would prefer it if my mum is with me on the actual programme instead. Would that be possible?

Unfortunately I’d say this is pretty unlikely - I never saw this happen to any of the applicant days that I worked while at the university (unless there are reasons e.g. medical why you may want assistance, then it might be worth dropping them an email!)

It’s a good chance to ask questions you want to ask, while allowing her to also ask questions, and to make judgments separately of each other, and you can then compare opinions at the end of the day. It may sound a little blunt, but your mum can’t be with you throughout your university experience, so it’s a good chance to start being independent :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Unfortunately I’d say this is pretty unlikely - I never saw this happen to any of the applicant days that I worked while at the university (unless there are reasons e.g. medical why you may want assistance, then it might be worth dropping them an email!)

It’s a good chance to ask questions you want to ask, while allowing her to also ask questions, and to make judgments separately of each other, and you can then compare opinions at the end of the day. It may sound a little blunt, but your mum can’t be with you throughout your university experience, so it’s a good chance to start being independent :smile:

No, you're right. I'm just a little anxious about going to university in the first place and being in a new place since I'm not the best at social interaction. I guess I'll just have to cope. Thank you for your response.
Original post by _0602
No, you're right. I'm just a little anxious about going to university in the first place and being in a new place since I'm not the best at social interaction. I guess I'll just have to cope. Thank you for your response.

That’s completely understandable! I think most people get anxious about university :smile: but just remember that all the student ambassadors who will show you round on the day were in your position not long ago, and the other applicants are in the same place now! You’ll only be apart from your mum for a few hours, so try and make the most of it as best you can, ask questions, talk to the other applicants :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending