The Student Room Group

Accepting a Grad Job offer or not

I'm lucky enough to have been offered a graduate job but it's not my first choice out of the one's i've had ACs for, and i'm still waiting to hear back from those preferred choices.

Should I just accept this offer and wait until I hear back from the others in case i get an offer from them? My issue is that I don't want to sign a contract and back out only a few days later, but on the other hand i dont want to reject this hoping i get an offer from the others but just get rejected myself.
Original post by puttingitinputin
I'm lucky enough to have been offered a graduate job but it's not my first choice out of the one's i've had ACs for, and i'm still waiting to hear back from those preferred choices.

Should I just accept this offer and wait until I hear back from the others in case i get an offer from them? My issue is that I don't want to sign a contract and back out only a few days later, but on the other hand i dont want to reject this hoping i get an offer from the others but just get rejected myself.

What company? What role?

What kind of time-frames are we talking about here, i.e. how long do you have to accept or decline the offer, and when do you expect to hear back from the ACs?
Original post by Smack
What kind of time-frames are we talking about here, i.e. how long do you have to accept or decline the offer, and when do you expect to hear back from the ACs?

I have about a week to accept the offer and tbh I have no idea how long the firms will take getting back to me, most likely more than a week

if you're on your probation period you will probably be able to leave within a week or two of resigning anyway, no?

Quick Reply