Is it that bad with a palate expander ?

Watch
mon166
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m really worried about getting my palate expander. I’m scared I won’t be able to speak and everyone with make fun of me, and that because of the restrictions of speaking properly I won’t be able to express myself like I normally do. I also don’t want to keep getting food stuck there. Is it really that bad?
JohnnyHK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mon166)
I’m really worried about getting my palate expander. I’m scared I won’t be able to speak and everyone with make fun of me, and that because of the restrictions of speaking properly I won’t be able to express myself like I normally do. I also don’t want to keep getting food stuck there. Is it really that bad?
There may be some discomfort but you need to look at the reasons why you are getting the palate expander? Is the short term discomfort worth the longer term good effects? Honestly SO many people have work like this done these days that I seriously doubt anyone's going to make fun of you and if they did they'd very soon get VERY bored.

Think how happy you'll be when the treatment is over. All the best, God bless.
mon166
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank you so much, made me feel a lot better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (16)
76.19%
No (3)
14.29%
Not sure (2)
9.52%

Watched Threads