Boyfriend Liking Girls Half Naked Instagram photos

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it weird for me to get upset over this??
I’ve noticed on Instagram the only photos my boyfriend likes are half naked girls photos or stuff about rugby (barely even likes his mates photos).

None of these girls are his mates but they go to the same uni as us and they’re always pictures of them in underwear/bikini/tight dresses. Since following this one girl on twitter who he works in a bar with he’s liked every single one of her insta photos (All half naked) and I feel it’s just making me look like a mug??

Also what I find weird is if he’s liking this one girls photos he’ll only like the ones of her on her own not the ones with her and her boyfriend?

Am I looking too into this and being a psycho or shall I say something? Making me feel like pure **** and I never thought I’d be that girl who’s boyfriend liking pictures would upset me.

Thanks!!
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know your guy is my fellow Male but I'm gonna come out and say yeah it does seem like your boyfriend is making you look like a bit of a mug. What he's doing is tantamount to flirting in my opinion and I think that's entirely inappropriate behaviour from someone in a relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
I know your guy is my fellow Male but I'm gonna come out and say yeah it does seem like your boyfriend is making you look like a bit of a mug. What he's doing is tantamount to flirting in my opinion and I think that's entirely inappropriate behaviour from someone in a relationship.
Glad it’s not just me overthinking it... I also don’t know how I’d go about bringing it up to him as it’s clear I’ve looked through his Instagram (from my insta account) and gone on the girls he follows to find out, feel myself checking their account to see that he’s liked more of their photos... which definitely sounds psycho lol...
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Glad it’s not just me overthinking it...
Nah, it's not, don't worry. But it could be the two of us overthinking it, lol.
I also don’t know how I’d go about bringing it up to him as it’s clear I’ve looked through his Instagram (from my insta account) and gone on the girls he follows to find out, feel myself checking their account to see that he’s liked more of their photos... which definitely sounds psycho lol...
Oh, right. Does it not show on his profile what things he's been liking or disliking? I don't use Instagram at all, you see. I suppose it would be less embarassing for you if you could manage to convince him you only knew what he was doing from looking at his profile.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
Nah, it's not, don't worry. But it could be the two of us overthinking it, lol.

Oh, right. Does it not show on his profile what things he's been liking or disliking? I don't use Instagram at all, you see. I suppose it would be less embarassing for you if you could manage to convince him you only knew what he was doing from looking at his profile.
Haha bloody hope not!

Instagram used to show what people liked (regardless if you followed the people who’s picture had been liked on the explore page) but now it doesn’t now unless you follow the same person if that makes sense...

I might just bring it up and three when he inevitably denies it I’ll get his insta up and show him examples
lol exhibit 1
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Instagram used to show what people liked (regardless if you followed the people who’s picture had been liked on the explore page) but now it doesn’t now unless you follow the same person if that makes sense...
I think I get it
I might just bring it up and three when he inevitably denies it I’ll get his insta up and show him examples
lol exhibit 1
He might not deny it, he might just say he thinks there's nothing wrong with doing what he's doing. In fact there's a good chance that's the case, assuming he knows there are ways you can find out what he likes.

I think if you do decide to confront your boyfriend over this the best approach might be to let him know you don't think you're the boss of him or anything but that you would really appreciate it if he stopped doing what he's doing. Then whether he thinks what he's doing is wrong or not he might stop it anyway.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
a lot of guys do this sadly

its right to be upset. sadly theres nothing we can do about it though. men will be men
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just look at pics of other men. If you can;t beat them, join them.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think you're wrong in being upset about it, I would be too. It doesn't necessarily mean that he means anything by it though.
Have you spoken to him about it at all?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I don't think you're wrong in being upset about it, I would be too. It doesn't necessarily mean that he means anything by it though.
Have you spoken to him about it at all?
I’ve made the odd comment when I can see him sitting next to me liking them, but not a proper conversation
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Idk if I have high / unrealistic standards but I would be cross about this. Particularly if it's real women at your uni and not just celebrities. I would feel insecure about my looks.

If you are not happy the best thing you can do is to talk to your bf about it, properly, or to ignore it / not let it bother you
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Maybe just be a bit more relaxed about it. If he's only liking their pics it's not the same as cheating. There's no harm in you branching out a little and doing the same kind of thing so you aren't so focused on him and you wont feel as insecure about it
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think you are overreacting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.6%
No (622)
65.4%

Watched Threads