vickieeeX
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey,
So I have question...

I think in my UCAS application I selected option to live home. However, two my choices are far away from my home and I should’ve selected an option to get the accommodation.
Is there a way to change it? Can I still apply for student accommodation?
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should ring up UCAS and see what they can do
UCAS_Expert
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vickieeeX)
Hey,
So I have question...

I think in my UCAS application I selected option to live home. However, two my choices are far away from my home and I should’ve selected an option to get the accommodation.
Most universities ignore that response on the UCAS application and invite you to apply for accommodation anyway.

In any case, just drop the University a call and ask them if you can apply for accommodation. don't bother calling UCAS, they aren't involved in this process.
Last edited by UCAS_Expert; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vickieeeX)
Hey,
So I have question...

Look on the accommodation pages on the website or applicant portal for your universities. You apply to accommodation directly to universities - UCAS aren't involved. Some universities wont open applications yet, others will only let you apply once you have picked your firm choice. You might not get automatic emails about accommodation if you ticked the "live at home" box (unlikely - there's so many mistakes from applicants with that box that universities rarely use it) but that shouldn't affect your application for accommodation.
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above, most Uni's just completely ignore the accommodation info on the UCAS and send info to all UG applicants at one stage or another.

The accommodation pages of each Uni will tell you when the process opens and how to apply.
vickieeeX
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you, i will look on the university websites!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (251)
33.96%
No (488)
66.04%

Watched Threads