The Student Room Group

I’m horrible at texting/talking on social media

I’m incapable of talking to girls over social media. Although it takes me a little time to get comfortable around people, I find that I can genuinely make people laugh and smile a lot when I’m interacting with them in person (or something similar like FaceTime). But, I just cannot do the same over text. I feel like I come across as so plain, and girls probably eat bored by that. Am I normal? Talking over social media seems to be such a crucial part of trying to get a date with someone these days and my inability to do it only leads to me being ghosted. Does anyone have any advice or opinions on the matter?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m incapable of talking to girls over social media. Although it takes me a little time to get comfortable around people, I find that I can genuinely make people laugh and smile a lot when I’m interacting with them in person (or something similar like FaceTime). But, I just cannot do the same over text. I feel like I come across as so plain, and girls probably eat bored by that. Am I normal? Talking over social media seems to be such a crucial part of trying to get a date with someone these days and my inability to do it only leads to me being ghosted. Does anyone have any advice or opinions on the matter?

On social media, the one thing I have learned is that to get girls to chat you just need to ask them about themselves a lot and then relate to that topic. Im pretty hopeless at talking to girls over social media too. (guess thats why im on TSR A LOT)

Just dont talk to them like they are an alien, talk to them like they are a long lost friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending