Staffordshire University - Game Art, Year 1

Watch
DustyShinigami
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone who’s done the game art course at Staffordshire University, how long exactly is the first year? When does it end? Does it end in April, after semester 2, or does it end in June? Most year courses start in September and end in June, but there doesn’t appear to be anything listed, from what I can tell, that we’ll be doing after semester 2.

Thanks
NiaWearn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DustyShinigami)
Anyone who’s done the game art course at Staffordshire University, how long exactly is the first year? When does it end? Does it end in April, after semester 2, or does it end in June? Most year courses start in September and end in June, but there doesn’t appear to be anything listed, from what I can tell, that we’ll be doing after semester 2.

Thanks
Hi, Nia here, I'm in charge of the post assessment activities for the department - there's things up already on the Games & VFX student hub and I'm just sending out the specifics of the sessions lined up over e-mail by the end of the day - the final showcase of the games and design briefs will be June 10th (room TBC)
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DustyShinigami)

Thanks
Hi DustyShinigami

I've just checked this with the course leader Dave and this is his reply:

"We end in June. Traditional lectures generally finish at the end of April. We run collaborative games development modules for the 2nd and 3rd years in May and June. First years students take part in enrichment activities, portfolio development and games jams."

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (139)
30.15%
No (322)
69.85%

Watched Threads