The Student Room Group

Sixth form interview

I have an interview on Tuesday for a sixth form I applied to. I’ve never been to an interview so idrk what to expect, also I’m not sure what to wear. Any tips?
Reply 1
Hi there

It depends on what type of interview it is. It may be used as mainly to just check on your subject options or check to see if you have any behavioural records.

I would recommend wearing clothing you are comfortable in, smart casual clothing would be very safe. If it was during the school day, I would go in school uniform though. There'd be nothing wrong with that.

Be calm, Polite and be ready to justify why you want to take your subjects at sixth form. Additionally, use it as an opportunity to ask anything about sixth form life.

Best of luck!
Most people just wear their normal clothes, and they're just asked about their interests, whether they're enjoying their GCSEs etc. Nothing major. Your grades are what will decide whether you get in rather than what you say at your interview, it's not really that kind of interview. Uni interviews are very different, but until then, don't stress.
Original post by lou88811
I have an interview on Tuesday for a sixth form I applied to. I’ve never been to an interview so idrk what to expect, also I’m not sure what to wear. Any tips?

Hey @lou88811 :smile:

Congratulations on receiving an interview for a sixth form you have applied for.

As it is a sixth form interview, it is likely to be a bit more relaxed than a formal interview and as @Apad121 said, just wear something smart casual.

In terms of first impressions, I would suggest shaking the interviewer's hand upon arrival. Sit square in your chair, hands-on lap and maintain eye contact and smile throughout. This shows the interviewer you are relaxed and engaged.

They may ask questions about your interests in the subjects you have applied for so be sure to express your interests along with any experience you have with the subject. They may also ask what you do in your spare time, so have a good think about that. For example, do you play any sports or volunteer, do you enjoy cooking or look after family members, etc?

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending