The Student Room Group

Miss my ex but they've moved on.

My ex has been with someone else for weeks and it does hurt but I miss him.

I found my ex's Insta and stuff, even though they aren't active and won't reply to me, should I follow them? Or would that be too damaging? I still want him in my life.

I don't quite know what to do at this point and it's hard to move on.
Your ex is your ex for a reason. He has chosen to start dating a new girl.

Whatever your feelings, it is very disrespectful and unfair to his girlfriend if you're pestering him now, when it's clearly over. You could cause problems in their relationship, when he's none of your business anymore.

I know it's hard to move on, but once someone has a new girlfriend it's really not cool to message them, and the fact he's not currently replying to your messages tells me that he doesn't feel the same way about you.

Sorry, but the sooner you move on from this, the better.
Original post by Anonymous

I found my ex's Insta and stuff, even though they aren't active and won't reply to me, should I follow them? Or would that be too damaging? I still want him in my life.

move on and forget about him. He has a new girlfriend is obvious that he doesn't feel the same about you. And stop harassing him
Reply 3
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Sorry, but the sooner you move on from this, the better.

I've been trying, but failing. I wish I knew a quicker or more effective way of how.
Original post by emily_000
move on and forget about him. He has a new girlfriend is obvious that he doesn't feel the same about you. And stop harassing him

I haven't been harassing him, I'm just asking if I should still try and keep him in my life because I miss him too much. I'm not trying to make a scene, I just miss him and it's hard to get the closure I want.
I've been trying, but failing. I wish I knew a quicker or more effective way of how.

I haven't been harassing him, I'm just asking if I should still try and keep him in my life because I miss him too much. I'm not trying to make a scene, I just miss him and it's hard to get the closure I want.

Maybe he doesn't want you to stay in his life? Personally, I check everyday my messages, so, if I don't reply to someone then that means that I don't want him/her in my life.

No don't try to keep him in your life. Just move on.
Reply 5
Delete your ex's social media from all your devices and find other things to occupy your time until you properly get over him; study, work, go out with friends, find some hobbies.

If you had moved on to a new boyfriend, I'm sure you wouldn't want the old one to be following you on Insta etc. Treat your ex with the same respect.

If you start following him and putting him back in your life, you aren't going to get closure. Seeing him move on is only going to hurt you, so just delete everything, go cold turkey on him and move on yourself.
I allowed myself 3 days to dwell /be sad after my breakup and then I had to get a grip, kinda worked (until I got drunk and emotional a month later ...), kinda worked for me but I have been told that might not be the healthiest solution 😂

Please don't. the memories will be too hurtful. Please find someone new you can be happy with xxx

I can't help you on the emotional side of moving on, but you can't "try" not to message someone. It's actually quite easy. Just don't.

Quick Reply