The Student Room Group

Why was I struggling towards the end of AS Levels..

Which lead to dropping out altogether? Why wasn’t I struggling at the beginning? I don’t know what changed, I think it was the subject in general and the specific unit was hard to grasp and then having a look at A2 just put me right off because I knew how it was going to go. One put me off all of them.
Reply 1
Possibly stress? Burn out? Hard to know.
Original post by Pathway
Possibly stress? Burn out? Hard to know.

Stress and illness I think. Sometimes I wonder if I am cursed or if I am just too dumb for A levels, because I was once able and now I am not. I can handle one going wrong, what I can’t handle is one going wrong, getting sick and affecting concentration from worrying too much about that one then all of them going wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous_923
Stress and illness I think. Sometimes I wonder if I am cursed or if I am just too dumb for A levels, because I was once able and now I am not. I can handle one going wrong, what I can’t handle is one going wrong, getting sick and affecting concentration from worrying too much about that one then all of them going wrong.

How are you feeling now? Will you be going back to finish your A Levels?
Original post by Pathway
How are you feeling now? Will you be going back to finish your A Levels?

Not better, I’m scared to even study again, will I be able, or will I fail everything I touch? That’s another problem and if that’s the case the Us will look bad and make me look like an idiot and I basically wasted my time on them.

I know one person who didn’t want things to go well for me, and I feel like she’s partially the reason why it went the way it did at the end.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous_923
Not better, I’m scared to even study again, will I be able, or will I fail everything I touch? That’s another problem and if that’s the case the Us will look bad and make me look like an idiot and I basically wasted my time on them.

Are you getting support from your GP with whatever the health issue is?

I think you might be catastrophising a bit. You need to find what you enjoy and work at that. Look into pastoral care as well at where you study and they can support you academically as well.

Quick Reply

Latest