Azotic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i got my biology mock exam back last week and i got a D! i was so disappointed because i feel as though i revised enough to get a B/A. (repetitively taking notes from CGP revision guide) However, I've started to do past paper questions on physics and maths tutor on each topic now, hoping to get all the papers done by middle/end of march, so by that time i can memorise mark schemes and know how to answer a question, because i feel as though that is my real problem. The problem is, when i ask my friends who get A/B they say they mostly take notes and rarely do past paper questions for Biology, but they mostly do questions for maths and chemistry. Does anyone who is experienced know whether past paper questions is the right thing to do, or is it just a waste of time, which i could use better well spent with a different revision method such as taking more notes? I would really appreciate any other methods for revising too, thank you.
annoymous_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Past papers are definitely worth your time!!
Use the notes to understand the content because that is just as important but then use past papers to consolidate knowledge.
Past papers in bio and needed more so because the application in biology can get quite difficult so you need all the practise you can get and get more exposure to different question types.
I’ve got my bio mock next week and I’m literally just going to smash out past papers
Azotic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by annoymous_)
Past papers are definitely worth your time!!
Use the notes to understand the content because that is just as important but then use past papers to consolidate knowledge.
Past papers in bio and needed more so because the application in biology can get quite difficult so you need all the practise you can get and get more exposure to different question types.
I’ve got my bio mock next week and I’m literally just going to smash out past papers
Oh, okay, thank you for the advice, i think im going to base my revision mostly around past paper questions from now on. I'm only going to note take once from my revision guide to get an understanding of the topic. Thank you a lot.
annoymous_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Azotic)
Oh, okay, thank you for the advice, i think im going to base my revision mostly around past paper questions from now on. I'm only going to note take once from my revision guide to get an understanding of the topic. Thank you a lot.
hope it all goes well!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (72)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.09%
Isolating with family (28)
6.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.11%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.23%
Loneliness (45)
9.74%
Financial worries (15)
3.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
7.14%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (47)
10.17%

Watched Threads