The Student Room Group

Working At McDonald's rant.

I just want to rant, I've been working at Maccies for about three months now and it was dreadful. People treat you like ****, especially management that looks at me with disgust. I work there because it's flexible around my uni.

The most annoying thing is though when they ask you to put nuggets down and straight away asking how long on the nuggets. Or they ask you do to 50 things at once and get mad cause you haven't done them all within a second. like go **** yourself.

A few managers have such big ego as well. Like dude calm your **** you ain't better than anyone!!! It was so frustrating to work there. I am so happy to leave.

I've found a flexi office job so Today is my last shift. I just wanna say **** YOU ALL ********S **** YES

anyone had same issues??
Original post by booknerd77
I just want to rant, I've been working at Maccies for about three months now and it was dreadful. People treat you like ****, especially management that looks at me with disgust. I work there because it's flexible around my uni.

The most annoying thing is though when they ask you to put nuggets down and straight away asking how long on the nuggets. Or they ask you do to 50 things at once and get mad cause you haven't done them all within a second. like go **** yourself.

A few managers have such big ego as well. Like dude calm your **** you ain't better than anyone!!! It was so frustrating to work there. I am so happy to leave.

I've found a flexi office job so Today is my last shift. I just wanna say **** YOU ALL ********S **** YES

anyone had same issues?

no, but good luck for your next job I guess?
I haven't worked there myself but yes I have a good friend who does and a lot of your points do really resonate with what he said, I remember he said a manager's favourite line when he would take small breaks leaning against a wall: 'got time to be leaning, got time to be cleaning!' :lol:
Reply 3
Original post by ForestShadow
I haven't worked there myself but yes I have a good friend who does and a lot of your points do really resonate with what he said, I remember he said a manager's favourite line when he would take small breaks leaning against a wall: 'got time to be leaning, got time to be cleaning!' :lol:

hahaa oh dear that's the worst you can't even take a rest :biggrin: bless your friend!!
That’s why every McDonald’s worker looks depressed whenever I go...

Suddenly, 1% of my life makes sense. 😂
I currently work there alongside another job and haven't experienced this. I guess the managers at mine are a bit more chill.
Looks like the most stressful job in the world
Reply 7
Original post by 5hyl33n
That’s why every McDonald’s worker looks depressed whenever I go...

Suddenly, 1% of my life makes sense. 😂

Like Maca Ds only makes up 1% of your life!

:P
Original post by booknerd77
hahaa oh dear that's the worst you can't even take a rest :biggrin: bless your friend!!

Im impressed you stuck it out for 3mth, what kept you going? yeah my friend really is a warrior, hes risen in ranks and almost shift manager now so he gets less stick, he enjoys the work tho he finds it quite fulfilling apparently

Quick Reply

Latest