luwatunji
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, how do you take textbook or revision guide notes? How would I do this so I can study effectively from them? At the moment, it seems like I'm writing everything down but nothing is going in.
Apad121
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi there

I'm sure others will give you many more suggestions, but I've recently been using virtual flashcards and found that they've really helped me. Quizlet has a phone app so I can take my virtual flashcards everywhere with me and it really helps to remind me of all the strange I need to remember for my A levels.

Hope this tells and good luck!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by luwatunji)
Hi, how do you take textbook or revision guide notes? How would I do this so I can study effectively from them? At the moment, it seems like I'm writing everything down but nothing is going in.
Hey luwatunji

Finding a way to revise can be overwhelming and it is difficult to figure out what kind of learner you are.

When I was revising I would:
1) Write down notes
2) Talk the notes out loud (almost like I was teaching a friend)
3) Re-write notes without looking

I would also shorten my notes and put them on poster paper and put them up on my wall and again talk the notes out loud as if I was teaching someone.

You may be a visual learner and so pictures and drawings may help you remember.

You could try out different techniques and see which ones you find more memorable.

Best of luck with your revision!

Ashley
luwatunji
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hey luwatunji

Finding a way to revise can be overwhelming and it is difficult to figure out what kind of learner you are.

When I was revising I would:
1) Write down notes
2) Talk the notes out loud (almost like I was teaching a friend)
3) Re-write notes without looking

I would also shorten my notes and put them on poster paper and put them up on my wall and again talk the notes out loud as if I was teaching someone.

You may be a visual learner and so pictures and drawings may help you remember.

You could try out different techniques and see which ones you find more memorable.

Best of luck with your revision!

Ashley
Thank you, will try some of these methods.
luwatunji
Rep:
?
(Original post by Apad121)
Hi there

I'm sure others will give you many more suggestions, but I've recently been using virtual flashcards and found that they've really helped me. Quizlet has a phone app so I can take my virtual flashcards everywhere with me and it really helps to remind me of all the strange I need to remember for my A levels.

Hope this tells and good luck!
Thanks, I use quizlet a lot so hopefully that will help
mxo.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Make a flashcard for each part of the specification. Condense the information from a textbook page, i.e. using tables for comparisons or symbols to shorten sentences, and write it onto the flashcards. For subjects with subtopics and lots of things to remember, like history, use mind maps.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by luwatunji)
Thank you, will try some of these methods.
No problem!

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.9%
I'm not sure (31)
4.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (213)
32.18%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.11%
I'm not a current university student (312)
47.13%

Watched Threads