ashima14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to do medicine. My other HL's are Biology and Chemistry. I am taking Math, English and Spanish Ab Initio as my SL subjects. What would work better for my package? Geography or Psychology?
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What would work better is the subject that you are more likely to get a 6/7 in and that you enjoy more. Unless you are applying to Cambridge (and I don't even know if it applies to the IB, since you'll be doing maths anyways) the other subjects you do other than biology and chemistry are irrelevant. What is more important is the grade you get.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally, I would say go for psychology as it is such a good subject and is so interesting! Also the course will help you to develop an ability to empathise with others (a key skill a Doctor needs to have!) through learning about them. Hope this helps and good luck with your choice!
molloy150
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i’ve applied for medicine this year, and i take the exact same as you (except for french sl instead of spanish ab) and i had the choice of geography HL and history HL, so i just took the one i knew i could get a better grade in and i enjoyed more, no uni is going to ask you for more than bio and chemistry at HL so just go for the one you can do better in
ashima14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by molloy150)
i’ve applied for medicine this year, and i take the exact same as you (except for french sl instead of spanish ab) and i had the choice of geography HL and history HL, so i just took the one i knew i could get a better grade in and i enjoyed more, no uni is going to ask you for more than bio and chemistry at HL so just go for the one you can do better in
wow, it's really cool that we take the same subjects! which one did you end up taking in the end?
molloy150
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashima14)
wow, it's really cool that we take the same subjects! which one did you end up taking in the end?
i take hl geography, i really enjoy it and i did better at it at gcse so i knew it would be better for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (244)
33.84%
No (477)
66.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed