eloise92728
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am doing Chinese GCSE this year, and I am looking through the specification. The specification has two separate grammar lists- one for foundation tier and one for higher tier. I am doing higher tier, and am wondering whether I need to know the foundation stuff in addition to higher tier OR do I need to only know the higher tier content? I would really appreciate some help! Thank you
evelync12
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
i did french higher tier gcse and im guessing it's the same; just learn your higher tier content, dont worry about foundation content AT ALL that is separate. all you'll ever need for the higher spec will only ever be on the higher spec list.
eloise92728
Rep:
(Original post by evelync12)
i did french higher tier gcse and im guessing it's the same; just learn your higher tier content, dont worry about foundation content AT ALL that is separate. all you'll ever need for the higher spec will only ever be on the higher spec list.
Ok great thank you so much!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'd say the opposite. You need to know everything in Foundation for both tiers and also the Higher tier content if you're taking Higher Tier.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’m assuming you will need to know both the content. If you know the higher content though, shouldn’t it be easy to know the foundation content?
evelync12
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Compost)
I'd say the opposite. You need to know everything in Foundation for both tiers and also the Higher tier content if you're taking Higher Tier.
everything you learn in foundation will be in the higher tier spec too, but you wouldnt be expected to look at both tiers, just focus on the higher spec as it has everything you need on it for higher (which of course includes foundation content but that makes sense)
eloise92728
Rep:
(Original post by evelync12)
everything you learn in foundation will be in the higher tier spec too, but you wouldnt be expected to look at both tiers, just focus on the higher spec as it has everything you need on it for higher (which of course includes foundation content but that makes sense)
Thank u, this is what I was thinking too but it there was completely different stuff on the foundation and higher spec. I thought the foundation content would be included in higher but I’ll probably just focus on the higher spec.
eloise92728
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I’m assuming you will need to know both the content. If you know the higher content though, shouldn’t it be easy to know the foundation content?
Yeh I’m still unsure. I get what you’re saying about how it should be easy to know foundation if I’m doing higher but maybe because it’s a language there’s completely different content for foundation than there is for higher. Like it’s not just the same but more detail, it’s just completely different. Thank u for the help!
eloise92728
Rep:
(Original post by Compost)
Ok, thank you for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads