Question for XR members/supporters

Watch
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I support the environment. I believe we should do a lot more to protect it, and I appreciate that groups like XR have made it a topic of importance in debate rather than an obscurity. BUT....

Would XR members/supporters not agree that the UK is effectively punching above its weight as to speak in its contribution to environmentalism around the world and at home? Wasn't reported widely (very conviniently) but UK forest levels have reached those of medieval periods, and that will exceed. UK CO2 levels have fallen consistently for the last few years. The government has recently announced no petrol, diesel ,or even plug in hybrids will be sold beyod 2032-2035. Also divesting from projects and countries that have deforestation etc.

Surely this is sufficeint for our country? Without playing the blame game that boomers like to do by blaming the usual suspects like China, India, isn't it fair to say that the former should be the country doing the most along with the USA and Russia? China is opening coal mines whilst the rest of the world is closing them. Isn't there going to be a point, if we have not reached it now, where we have literally done the most we can as a country?
GodAtum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had the same argument with them ... told them to go to China or Russia and see how they get on. No use protesting here.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seven days no show.
I see they're keeping their heads well down. 🤔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads