The Student Room Group

Help! St Catharine's College Cambridge Accomodation

Hi, I've got an offer to study natural sciences at St Catharine's college at Cambridge but I'm not sure if I want to go. I've been trying to look into the accomodation at St Catharine's but I've not had much luck answering some of the questions I have so I was wondering if anyone here could help me. Do you have to move out of your accomodation between terms? Is there anywhere for you to store your things or do you have to take them all with you? What sort of kitchen facilities come with the accomodation? Generally what is the standard quality of the accomodation? How much is the cheapest accomodation per week? Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
If you go on their website and click on college life then you will find answers to most of your questions. Prices are around 110-170a week and you pay for 10 week terms. It does describe the basic kitchens and says all rooms are of good standard. Phone them if you have more questions.
Original post by Megan4125
Hi, I've got an offer to study natural sciences at St Catharine's college at Cambridge but I'm not sure if I want to go. I've been trying to look into the accomodation at St Catharine's but I've not had much luck answering some of the questions I have so I was wondering if anyone here could help me. Do you have to move out of your accomodation between terms? Is there anywhere for you to store your things or do you have to take them all with you? What sort of kitchen facilities come with the accomodation? Generally what is the standard quality of the accomodation? How much is the cheapest accomodation per week? Thanks in advance!

You're seriously thinking of turning down a place at Catz to do Natsci because you're not sure about the rooms...
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
You're seriously thinking of turning down a place at Catz to do Natsci because you're not sure about the rooms...

There are a lot of other contributing factors to my decision that can't be answered by people on this website but my queries about the accomodation can, therefore I've asked about them. There's a lot more to my decision than you could possibly know about so please don't assume I'm only bothered about the rooms.
There are a lot of other contributing factors to my decision that can't be answered by people on this website but my queries about the accomodation can, therefore I've asked about them. There's a lot more to my decision than you could possibly know about so please don't assume I'm only bothered about the rooms.

Good - I was incredulous because there have been people for whom the size/decoration of the room has been a deciding factor. Glad you hear you're not one of them.
Reply 5

Hi, I'm Amy and I'm student access and admissions officer at catz. I know you had some questions about accommodation and life at Catz and I wanted to point you to undergraduate admissions (MOD EDIT - email removed) who would be happy to answer any questions you have! Lots of students have these questions/worries before coming to uni but I just wanted to reassure you that the answers are there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending