unmotivated a-levels

Watch
meepmop
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
for the past couple months I've been lacking energy to revise, I can't concentrate at all, even when I try and force myself. My work is piling up but idk what's happened to me, coming from all As at GCSE to failing everything idk where to start

JGoosey2002
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you in year 13?
jennifugh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've been feeling a bit unmotivated too recently - I don't know if it is the dark weather, that I'm tired or what but I've found myself procrastinating a lot more. I would advise to try and do the 5 minute rule. This is where you make yourself revise for 5 minutes and then if you're still not feeling up to it - you have a break, you go have a shower, go on a run, journal etc. - what makes you relax. Typically after starting for the first 5 minutes you feel fine carrying on working and this limits procrastination but if you physically or emotionally feel you can't at least you got 5 minutes done
meepmop
Rep:
?
Year 12
meepmop
Rep:
?
(Original post by jennifugh)
I've been feeling a bit unmotivated too recently - I don't know if it is the dark weather, that I'm tired or what but I've found myself procrastinating a lot more. I would advise to try and do the 5 minute rule. This is where you make yourself revise for 5 minutes and then if you're still not
feeling up to it - you have a break, you
go have a shower, go on a run, journal etc. - what makes you relax. Typically after starting for the first 5 minutes you feel fine carrying on working and this limits procrastination but if you physically or emotionally feel you can't at least you got 5 minutes done
🙏🏼 thanks ill try this
Zoe Pearson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by meepmop)
for the past couple months I've been lacking energy to revise, I can't concentrate at all, even when I try and force myself. My work is piling up but idk what's happened to me, coming from all As at GCSE to failing everything idk where to start
Try studying in short intense intervals so you only initially commit to studying for a short amount of time. I like using the pomodoro technique to help myself focus whilst studying, Lucas Mockeridge on YouTube has a good video on it. Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (42)
47.19%
No, they should still go ahead (21)
23.6%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (26)
29.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise