sarah.xoxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im really trying hard in a level chemistry and keep getting C/D's and there's only 4 months remaining how should I revise to better my performance in the subject
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use the revision guide to study. Unclear concepts should be reread in the main boo or should be watched on videos. Keep doing exercises and repeat the essential equations you need to know. It's important to understand the logic more than memorisation. Also, note down the questions you get wrong in your mocks and redo them repetivitely every few days to weeks.
Dancer2001
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say go through the new spec past papers, and for each one, try answering them without notes, then with notes, then with the mark scheme. It helps me to write out fully correct mark scheme answers at the end so I know what I’m aiming for.
After doing each paper, you could make a quizlet of the questions you got wrong, but I usually just use other people’s quizlets.
I’m on OCR, I’m aiming for an A* in summer.
sarah.xoxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
I would say go through the new spec past papers, and for each one, try answering them without notes, then with notes, then with the mark scheme. It helps me to write out fully correct mark scheme answers at the end so I know what I’m aiming for.
After doing each paper, you could make a quizlet of the questions you got wrong, but I usually just use other people’s quizlets.
I’m on OCR, I’m aiming for an A* in summer.
apart from going over past papers what else do you recommend I do? but thank you!
sarah.xoxo
Rep:
?
a

(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
Use the revision guide to study. Unclear concepts should be reread in the main boo or should be watched on videos. Keep doing exercises and repeat the essential equations you need to know. It's important to understand the logic more than memorisation. Also, note down the questions you get wrong in your mocks and redo them repetivitely every few days to weeks.
thank you!
Treetop321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dropped Chemistry. Rubbish subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads