Student bank accounts as returning ex-pat UK resident

Watch
expatmum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? My son is a UK resident, but has lived abroad for 8 years. He will be returning to the UK in May to live permanently with grandparents while he studies full time at university. Does anyone have any advice about opening a UK bank account? I have noticed online that some of the accounts require applicants to have lived in the UK for the 3 years previous to application.
marple
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by expatmum)
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? My son is a UK resident, but has lived abroad for 8 years. He will be returning to the UK in May to live permanently with grandparents while he studies full time at university. Does anyone have any advice about opening a UK bank account? I have noticed online that some of the accounts require applicants to have lived in the UK for the 3 years previous to application.
Hi
You might find some of the information in this article useful:

https://www.savethestudent.org/inter...counts-uk.html

Best wishes
expatmum
Rep:
?
(Original post by marple)
Hi
You might find some of the information in this article useful:

https://www.savethestudent.org/inter...counts-uk.html

Best wishes
Thank you!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by expatmum)
Does he still have any financial products in the UK? If not, he'll probably have to open a Basic account because he won't pass the standard credit check for a normal current account.
expatmum
Rep:
?
I wondered about that - but how much of a credit history does any 18 yr old have?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed